August 2012 Weddings
Options

Can't make up my mind, and Bridesmaids/MOH aren't helping at all....

Hello all....

I can't seem to get this whole color scheme thing down for my wedding!! I have always wanted my colors to be yellow and blue, but because of the month, that just isn't really working. I dont really like orange and brown...lets just say fall isn't my month haha.

any unique ideas on some fall wedding colors?? (my wedding//reception is going to be outdoors at a friend's house in case this helps at all)

Re: Can't make up my mind, and Bridesmaids/MOH aren't helping at all....

• Options
    You can do summer colors because August is still a summer month. Fall doesnt start until Sept.  I think if you like the colors yellow and blue, I'd day go for it! :)
  • Options
    you can totally do summer colors - we are! we're doing a lemon yellow as our primary color, then a light green for accent : ) we're getting married outdoors as well. i love bright and vibrant colors for that time of year. let us know what you decide!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks to the both of you! Because my wedding is so far away, no one is really into helping me plan, that is until they dont agree with an idea...

I guess what they say really is true, no one is as excited about the wedding, than the bride is :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_cant-up-mind-bridesmaidsmoh-arent-helping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:ecffd9c6-ecd2-40ed-ba94-29195ab52ccaPost:18883770-323a-4e41-a34b-7814bf0593a8">Re: Can't make up my mind, and Bridesmaids/MOH aren't helping at all....</a>:
    [QUOTE]! Because my wedding is so far away, no one is really into helping me plan, that is until they dont agree with an idea... [/QUOTE]  
    I

I know exactly what you mean!! I keep getting "you know youre still like a year and a half out right??"  anytime I try to plan something.  Then if I plan it without their input they say I left them out.  And everyone is very free with telling me things they don't like!!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @BMetz....Doesn't that aggrivate you?! I wish I wasn't such a pushover and could just go out of my comfort zone and say, 'guess what?! if you dont want to be a part of this, then dont!' but i feel like since i have asked, i cant back out now :/
  • Options
    I feel like I get both extremes. I have the people that say "well have you done this yet? have you ordered this?" And I also have the ones that say "oh my god, it's a million years a way - you have plenty of time." AGH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_cant-up-mind-bridesmaidsmoh-arent-helping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:ecffd9c6-ecd2-40ed-ba94-29195ab52ccaPost:47d537f2-fa02-43a1-9892-f55c3e62d7d2">Re: Can't make up my mind, and Bridesmaids/MOH aren't helping at all....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like I get both extremes. I have the people that say "well have you done this yet? have you ordered this?" And I also have the ones that say "oh my god, it's a million years a way - you have plenty of time." AGH!
    Posted by Burke922[/QUOTE]

THIS EXACTLY!!

and I agree and think you should use whatever colors you want!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_cant-up-mind-bridesmaidsmoh-arent-helping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:ecffd9c6-ecd2-40ed-ba94-29195ab52ccaPost:18883770-323a-4e41-a34b-7814bf0593a8">Re: Can't make up my mind, and Bridesmaids/MOH aren't helping at all....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks to the both of you! Because my wedding is so far away, no one is really into helping me plan, that is until they dont agree with an idea... I guess what they say really is true, <strong>no one is as excited about the wedding, than the bride is :)</strong>
    Posted by ChristineRochelle[/QUOTE]

This is SO true and sometimes it's hard to realize it. Cause I get pretty dang excited about my wedding! hehe

Can't wait to hear what colors you decide on!
  • Options
    I feel like a turd for saying that all my BMs are being great with this...my MOH has literally dropped everything one night during my first wedding freak out..

Anywhooo.

What about orange, fuschia, and brown? Still summer, still fall, still gorgeous.
    Bio!
    Updated 8/9!
  • Options
    i used colourlovers.com to adjust my color palate.  we wanted black/white/red, but it was very bold looking.... so we've gone with black, ivory, burgundy to make it more formal.

blue/yellow is pretty easy to adjust based on hue.  a dark blue and pale yellow would be pretty, or have yellow be more gold/metallic....  take a look at the site and play around with the palates and color tones. i'm sure you can find one that you'd want to work with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards