Rhode Island

** Glen Manor Brides**

Where did you host your oot guests?
Did you provide a shuttle for them, and if so, how much was it/who did you use?
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: ** Glen Manor Brides**

• glenbride09glenbride09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we initally set it up with hampton inn in SK b/c it was the most affordable, d/n require a down payment etc.  Our wedding was in July and the newport area hotels were around 300.  We only had 130 guests and approx 12-15 oot guests needing rooms. But closer to the date royal plaza which is right up the street from the glen  had very cheap prices online without a block. The rooms when viewed were fine, my guests room were fine but my res got lost, the room they gave me smelled rotten and while I was at my own wedding the cleaning staff threw out a bag I left near the door (next to my luggage mind you)  which had my glasses, makeup, vendor contracts etc so the next am I had to get up early and look throught the dumpster. My wedding night was ruined I was so upset. needless to say i know you won;t be using them!
  • edited December 2011
    I set up room blocks at the Howard Johnson (169), Hampton Inn Middletown (230), Holiday Inn Express (205), and Hampton Inn Westport, MA (120). We hired a school bus to transport the guests from the Westport Hotel to the wedding. I think the bus is costing us about $300.
  • edited December 2011
    I set up a room block at the Holiday Inn Express in Middletown. Although the room prices were right their staff was rude and gave out my OOT boxes to the wrong guests and were not helpful at all when one of their maids threw out my Nana's wedding hankerchief. I would not use them again. However, the rooms were nice and clean. We used Rockstar and booked the trolley to bring guests back and forth. I think we paid around $900 for 6 hours which we divided up 3 hours in the beginning to bring us and our guests to the Glen and 3 hours to bring us back to the hotel or to downtown Newport where we went out for Karaoke afterwards.
  • edited December 2011
    We used the Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton Inn and Suites in Middletown. I agree with Jonny's that the Holiday Inn was rather rude and disorganized...they also handed out the wrong OOT bags to our guests, or forgot to give them out all together. I would probably not use them again, however, the prices were reasonable and the rooms were fine. Hampton Inn was better but more expensive. We had a school bus shuttle for our guests to and from the Glen. We used Fischer Bus company out of MA...very affordable, I think we paid $300 for the whole night, and easy to work with. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards