Maine
Options

how many???

how many guests are you inviting??

Re: how many???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    With us and the bridal party included we are looking at 74!
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The original number we were shooting for was 100, but it looks like we might be around 120.  I'm not thrilled about it since FI is too anxious about cutting family members that he had no relationship with (but he's afraid they'll be upset with him, FMIL or FFIL if they aren't invited).  It's not his mom or dad that are pushing the guests since they don't care if these specific people are invited or not, but he doesn't want to upset anyone.  I'm still working on him but I'm not getting very far.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    tunssol2tunssol2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are looking at 180ish.... Jessie I know excatly how you feel! It sucks doesn't it? My grandmother wants to invite 80 people and my parents can not afford 80 more people and I do not want 80 more people! Anyway I envy you for just sucking it up and dealing with it - it's not going to smoothly for me :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited over 150 (can't remember the exact number anymore), but had 118 total there for our big day.  I was happy with that number, any more would have had us chit chatting ALL evening, instead of enjoying our (MY) hard work. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Guest list is around 225 I think.. I'm still cutting.. but I'm afraid when I show my Mom shes going to be adding people back in that I've cut.. I can only fit 200 though so I want to get down to at least 215.. or I might just deal with it! ahhh HuGEE families!

• Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have 180 on the guest list right now, but most of the people are traveling from out of state. We are expecting around 120. 
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well the chapel can hold 120...but we will be inviting about 130

i would have liked it smaller but oh well
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, our guest list is currently aroudn 260, but we are hoping that only about 200 show up... FI has lots of family out of the country that we "have to" invite, but will never travel all the way to Maine for our wedding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_many?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:45805589-792f-412b-9110-05bc5bfc162fPost:a11a9720-dabe-4c67-bfcc-31868f141fcc">Re: how many???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, our guest list is currently aroudn 260, but we are hoping that only about 200 show up...<strong> FI has lots of family out of the country that we "have to" invite, but will never travel all the way to Maine for our wedding.</strong>
    Posted by dmcphee[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Be careful before you say that, of my guest list of 180, all but about 15 are coming from out-of-state. I thought "people will never come from Missouri, Wyoming, and Florida to Maine for a wedding" well... I have a good chunk of guests already making arrangements for travel, several of them have told me that they have never been to Maine, and are coming for a late summer vacation to see everything without the summer crowds. Our wedding is in early September.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same thing for me Ivy.  A few that I never thought would make the trip are, and a few who I thought would definately be there won't be able to make it.
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm inviting around 240 and I'm hoping that only 200 will come. It does seem amazing that people you think wouldn't ever come, actually do show up for a wedding. It's nice, though, that they make such an effort. I'm not getting married until next Oct. so we won't have a final count for a while. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are inviting 60 and that is just immediate family, bridal party and 3 couples (one of which is marrying us and one of which is doing my hair).  Aunts and Uncles would be another 40 people so we kept things small and while it's hard to not have them there, we really wanted a small group and everyone understands.   Besides, our venue can't hold 100 people so it was out of the question.
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    trying to keep it around 100!
  • Options
    CourtM0112CourtM0112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have about 210 on the list now, just our family and bridal party is 150! Trying to stay around 200!
  • Options
    angegaryangegary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited 160 but had 110.  It was a perfect amount of people! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards