July 2013 Weddings
Options

Thrifty Thursday

What's one item that you have found super super cheap ,or are planning on hunting for, that you refuse to pay full price for?
For me it was our picture frames to be used for things like guestbook poem, etc. I found them all at the SA for under 2 bucks! Hooray for easy upcycling!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Thrifty Thursday

• Options
    im doing pic frames with guests names, orign of name. celebs with same name, meaning  i bought the frames for .97 at walmart need to paint n sand :)

2 packs of cardstock from joanns for 5 and used a coupon

• Options
    keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    I have/am thrifting 85% of the decor. This includes crystral candle sticks, candy bowls, silver candy trays, and cube flower holders. I have a fave thift store here in Chi that does 50% days, so these items regulaly are $.65 -$.95 and I can get them for $.35 -$.65 cents each!

Groupon/LivingSocial for VP has saved the day! I got three of theses (two $17 for $70 and one $15 for $50 )and man, have they came in handly! I did not pay full price for any of these deals either, as I waited to purchase when I have the Groupon/LivingSocial $10- $1 coupons .
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    We are going to have a chandelier hanging from a draped canopy for our altar - I don't want to pay full price for any of it!

My FI and I are going to make the canopy, my mom will probably make the drapes (unless I can find a sweet deal on them), and we want to upcycle a thrifted chandelier(found a tutorial on pinterest of course!).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I refused to pay full price for my dress. While it still wasn't super super cheap, it was 60% off the ticket price and within the budget I'd set. I also refused to pay full price for my invitations so I waited until they went on sale to buy them (I still have to print and assemble them myself). They were also about 60% off.

I plan to DIY my hair flower, seating chart, and about half the decorations. We're using old mason jars we got for free for some of our centrepieces. I'll be buying the supplies for my hair flower and seating chart with Michael's coupons
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_thrifty-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:2d10c7dd-6739-4950-bf23-35294316c97bPost:72627e67-dc29-488f-886d-ef8974dbffd0">Re: Thrifty Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I refused to pay full price for my dress. While it still wasn't super super cheap, it was 60% off the ticket price and within the budget I'd set. I also refused to pay full price for my invitations so I waited until they went on sale to buy them (I still have to print and assemble them myself). They were also about 60% off. I plan to DIY my hair flower, seating chart, and about half the decorations. We're using old mason jars we got for free for some of our centrepieces. I'll be buying the supplies for my hair flower and seating chart with Michael's coupons
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, should have mentioned my dress too! I love consignment shopping as is so I've been scouring the wedding dress websites(recycledbride, etc) to find my dress and just this week found one in my size with no alterations yet - saved myself $800!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I will not pay full price for my wedding decor items like picture frames, vases, materials for DIY projects...  I'm using coupons for Michaels, Jo-Ann, etc to stock up when things are on sale. And am hoping for some good finds in thrift and second-hand stores!
  • Options
    I'm also on the hunt for cheap picture frames. I scanned all my parents, grandparents & great grandparents wedding photos. I'm printing them all as 8x10's and setting up a welcome table with all of them displayed, almost like a family tree.

I also have another crazy idea that I'm not sure if I can make happen or not. I want to put smaller picture frames all over the tables with pictures with our guests throughout the years. That's easy with friends because I can just print pictures from us off facebook and with family I have lots of fun group pictures throughout the years. It gets tricky with the random people we don't know so well though. I don't have pictures with neighbors, parent's friends, etc. so it might look weird to have it on some tables but not others. Long story short, I'm going to need at least a 100 picture frames so if anyone knows a good wholesale option let me know. The first place I'm checking is Dollar Tree so I can see it in person.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards