Arizona-Tucson

Rehearsal Dinner locations?

Where are you having yours? I'm (obviously) still looking, and would loooove some suggestions! :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner locations?

• Austen2010Austen2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are just doing a barbeque in FMIL's backyard (I think?), she keeps going back and forth about whether she wants to just relax and have a restaraunt do all the work. :)

If we do go to a restaraunt, it will probably be somewhere fun and informal like the patio at Oregano's. :) I love their pizookie.

Are you guys hosting it or are your ILs?

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    FILs are hosting. I told FMIL that a backyard BBQ was absolutely okay, but she came back saying they were thinking of Tohono Chul, so I get the impression she wants someone else to do the work. But just space at Tohono Chul is like $300! I don't want the RD to be nicer than the reception!

We'd prefer something close-ish to Oro Valley, as that's where the venue and hotel for OOTs are, and also the in town people live in that area as well.

RD will be about 30 people.

We went to El Charro at Oracle and Magee for the families to meet each other over the holidays, and it was a tight squeeze for just 20 people, let alone 30...

HELP!  :)

• edited December 2011
    We are having it at our house and having it catered. We will have around 40 adults plus children.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm I don't know that area too well, but maybe some of the other ladies will have better ideas of great rest. near Oro Valley.

I know when we are there we like to go to Blanco, Zin Burger, BJs, Gavvi's, Thunder Canyon Brewery, and Old Pueblo Grille.  North is pretty nice and it might be a concession to the 300$ a plate choice. ;)

I also think that most places will be big enough if you let them know ahead of time so they can clear out a room or patio for your party's use. Keep us posted on what you choose!
  • edited December 2011
    We've been to Old Pueblo for parties and its very nice.

We are having our rehearsal party at my dad's house, there will only be about 20 people.
    Lisa and Jared 10.3.10
    Planning Bio(clicky) Updated 10/1/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Favorite Wedding Picture
    edited December 2011
    Old Pueblo Grill at Foothills closed, but we could check the one on Alvernon...

I loooove Zin Burger...not sure it's big enough... but worth checking into for sure!
    Something like that is exactly what I'm looking for -- casual, but nice.

And the pazookie at Oregano's also got me thinking about BJ's...

Keep 'em coming, girls! :)

I will for sure let you all know what we decide!

Thanks for all the input. :)

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not gonna lie, the pizookie would probably draw me anywhere. Especially with my dieting right now I may cause bodily harm if someone were to tempt me with one.

I think there is also a Cheesecake Factory and Cracker Barrel very close there. They have larger spaces and cheesecake. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Tratorria Pina @ swan & sunrise is great for parties! They are easy to work with & very accomodating ;-) . If you've never been, the food is delicious, and the atmosphere is very nice with beautiful Catalina Foothills views. (this is where I'm hoping to have my own rehearsal dinner :D)
    Mila
  • edited December 2011
    If you like El Charro, there are other locations around town that are more accommodating to large groups. I want to have our rehearsal dinner at the downtown one and they have spaces to accommodate up to 60 ppl. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    Update: We ended up at Blanco at La Encantada. The food was delicious, the staff friendly, the margaritas AMAZING, and they allowed my MIL to bring in Frost gelato for dessert. Really good experience. They put our group of about 30 on the patio under the misters, and we had great city views as the sun went down.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards