Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Venues in MA that make a $10k 100 person wedding possible?

We'd like to do $10k for 100 people if possible! Any venues that you think are great choices to help meet this budget I would appreciate it if you could share the names!
Hoping to stay in the northshore area.

Re: Venues in MA that make a $10k 100 person wedding possible?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking to spend 10k on food and bar or 10k in total? This makes a difference.  Plenty of places will do 100 dollar dinners per person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Oceanview of Nahant.  They include SO MUCH in their wedding packages, and you can easily work with a $10,000 budget there.  We are using them for our wedding, and they are simply fantastic!
    Anniversary Visit The Nest! my read shelf:
    Margot's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The College Club of Boston- we had $75 people for around $100 pp (including food, ceremony, reception, staff).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your total wedding budget is $10,000, try the Community House of Hamilton and Wenham (you may need to have the ceremony somewhere else). This was our original budget, and it was the only place that came close.
  • Options
    looplaloopla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you SO much for these suggestions, I really appreciate it!
    And yes a total budget of $10k
    Thank you again :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can check out the Danversport Yacht Club in Danvers, MA.  They have so much included in the per person cost.  They have a room that seats to 90 with a minimum spending of $5000- on Fridays, Saturday's till 5pm and and Sundays to a minimum spending of $8000 on Saturday nights.  And another room that has a minimum spending of $10,000 on Fridays, Saturday's till 5pm and and Sundays. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to go a bit north Fratello's in Manchester, NH is really nice and I think it'd fit into your budget perfectly.  When FI and I had first started planning our budget was $10k and that was the venue we were going to go with (since then budget's gone up lol).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    starryeyed13starryeyed13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Myriad ballroom in mendon is very inexpensive, i think i remember seeing something like $40 per person or less. 
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know my company negotiated a fancy dinner reception at the Doubletree in Bedford (formerly the Bedford Glen; on the Billerica/Burlington/Bedford border) for 200 people for like $12k....so ~$60pp.  They have a gorgeous garden if you wanted an outdoor ceremony, and I think 2 or 3 ballrooms.  Plus it's a hotel & there are 2-3 other hotels across the street; nice for OOT guests or anyone traveling.

Also, I post this on here all the time, but it's my fav wedding I've seen online.  The entire cost was $6k.  The article has a link to the couple's wedding planning blog & includes lots of DIY instructibles & money saving tips: http://www.glamour.com/weddings/blogs/save-the-date/2008/09/genius-wedding-ideas-a-6000-we.html
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest The Doubletree Bedford Glen as well.  They were very willing to negotiate and I think their packages include a lot.  They have a beautiful outdoor patio for the ceremony too.

Another option is the Habitat in Belmont.  My friend did her wedding there very reasonably and they fit 100 people max.  Also beautiful gardens for an outdoor ceremony.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    christina's function hall in foxboro, ma has great wedding packages and prices.
  • Options
    SandaPandaSandaPanda member
    edited December 2011

$10K was my budget for the same # as well...but I am not getting married in the most popular month.  We are getting married at a great hotel in April '11 - the Sheraton Four Points in Norwood...and they helped me out with a great deal in making our budget work.  I would highly recommend giving Mindy there a call and seeing what she can do to come up with a few options for you. :) 

• Options
    mia082683mia082683 member
    edited December 2011
    The Hamilton Meeting House is beautiful and the caterer there - Gourmet Delights - is fantastic.   We're using them off-site and they are great with working within your budget!
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also, try Angelica's in Middleton, Ma....they include everything, and their prices are really good! (the food is excellent too.)

Good luck!
    Mr. and Mrs. Sharkdiver!
  • Options
    julienwilljulienwill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is where I'm having my entire wedding of 200 for well under $10k!!!!!!

http://www.lowellweddings.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards