Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photo Album Preview

We got our preview link to the layout our photographer made up for our album. It looks just like a layout I could make on shutterfly. Is this common? Is it just that there are so many layout programs avalable? Will the quality be better than what I could do myself? Or should I be worried thet we paid quite a bit of money and are going to be ripped off with an album I could have made myself?

TIA

Re: Photo Album Preview

• sprat85sprat85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The same thing happened to us.  I had made albums on blurb.com and then he sent his layout.  I thought the ones I did myself were much better.  After I calmed down I called the photographer to tell him I wasn't happy.  He is working on a new one now.  Hopefully it turns out better.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    It's not uncommon for a some photographers to use templates or even the sites mentioned above rather than take the time to custom design every page from scratch. If you are a crafty person who enjoys putting albums together its likely that you will prefer your own design when compared to one from a photographer with no real graphic design education. We are talking two different skill sets with photography and design. I say save the money and do it your self if your into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards