• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Quick hair question

For those of you getting your hair done by the same person as your BMs/JBMs/FGs/whatever, are you going first or last?

I love my puppy ... and my husband, I swear!

Re: Quick hair question

• First. We're doing pics before the wedding, so that way I can be doing pics with my parents, FI, etc., while they're still poking around.
  • Im going last or towards the end....only because I will be like the kid with ants in my pants dancing around trying to put my dress on!!
  • I'm going first - my hair will take the longest to do - we clocked in at 1 hour and 30 minutes for the trial. It could take longer the day of because we want it perfect! Haha!

After that I'll get my makeup done and then sit like a kid with ants in my pants waiting to go home and get my dress on! haha!
    Alison and Tom 9~11~10
    Anniversary
  • Last.  My hair and make up girls both suggested going last b/c that way I still look the "freshest" when pictures and the ceremony start.  I gave myself lots of cushion time between hair/mu being done and the ceremony starting in case we run a little late.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • In Response to Re: Quick hair question:
    [QUOTE]I'm going first - my hair will take the longest to do - we clocked in at 1 hour and 30 minutes for the trial. It could take longer the day of because we want it perfect! Haha! After that I'll get my makeup done and then sit like a kid with ants in my pants waiting to go home and get my dress on! haha!
    Posted by arosem23[/QUOTE]

How may other BMs are after you?

I love my puppy ... and my husband, I swear!
  • We're all doing our own hair, but I did look into paying for it professionally.

I can see pros to having your hair done last, but if it were me I'd rather have my hair done first this way theres no way of the hair stylist having to rush/scramble to get my hair finished (in the even that the other hair styles take longer than expected).

image Anniversary
  • I'm going last for makeup for fresh look, like pp.  My hair stays wherever you put it, so I think I'm going somewhere in the middle of my 3BMs, 2 moms, 1 grandma and 1 soloist. 

ETA: after my hair trial, I slept in in (pins and all), then went running the next morning and my hair looked exactly the same.
    Photobucket

Anniversary

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick hair question : How may other BMs are after you?
    Posted by JRSonday[/QUOTE]

There is one after me. Another girl at the salon is doing the other 3 BM's and my MOH didn't want her hair professionally done.
    Alison and Tom 9~11~10
    Anniversary
    [QUOTE]I'm going last for makeup for fresh look, like pp.  My hair stays wherever you put it, so I think I'm going somewhere in the middle of my 3BMs, 2 moms, 1 grandma and 1 soloist.  ETA: after my hair trial, I slept in in (pins and all), then went running the next morning and my hair looked exactly the same.
    Posted by brew311[/QUOTE]

That's awesome!!! :)
    Alison and Tom 9~11~10
    Anniversary
  • I heard second to last is the prime spot, so you're towards the end but if it takes more time then expected you have that buffer and aren't pushed right up against the ceremony. The person that goes last should have the easiest and quickest hair since they may not have as much time. 
    Photobucket
  • I'm doing mine first, my stylist recommended this.  Plus, she said she would pin the heck out of it so it should last all day!
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Nobody before or after me :-) I have a bm that is coming with me but she has her own stylist so no worries on that one!
  • I am last to look the freshest. MOm at 830 Colleen at 930 and me 1030 it will take until 1200 so I planned extra 30 min beyond then meeting for makeup at 1230 or 1 Picks at 2
    image wedding countdown
  • My make-up will be first and hair done second. Since my make up will take 45 mins at the most, my cousin aka MUA said to do face first and then hair. My sister is getting her hair done by my aunt, who is also my hair stylist day of. My hair will hopefully take no more than 1.5 hours. Which reminds me, I need to e-mail my hair style out to my aunt now.
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • I've been a hairstylist for years, and I've done lots of wedding hair. I agree that going last, or nearly last is the best for the bride. No matter how long you think it will take, it usually takes longer. Not just for you, but the BM's too...try to have about an hour free before you have to do anything else. It stresses you when it takes longer, and stresses the stylist too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards