Moms and Maids

Sister-in-law trouble someone HELP!

okay so i just booked the hair and makeup for my girls and I.  I thought that i would let my soon to be sister in law (who is not a BM) just in case she wanted to get her hair done.  well she was all fussy with me saying well why didnt you book an appointment for me? and she was also aggravated saying that since she is going to be at the hotel where the wedding is she might not come since the BMs and myself will be at my parents house and the hotel is 30min away.  what do i do with a sister-in-law who should do her own hair, for its not her day its mine, plus my own sister is even doing her own hair. How should i handle this situation?

Re: Sister-in-law trouble someone HELP!

• edited December 2011
    That was hard to read. I'm a little confused--is the SIL a BM, or just a guest? If she's just a guest, then tell her you only did apopintments for the WP. If she's a BM, then I don't know why you wouldn't have made her appointment too.

What does this mean: "she was also aggravated saying that since she is going to be at the hotel where hte wedding is she might not come." ??

She won't come to the wedding? She won't come get her hair done? I have no idea what you're saying.
  • melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So... she's not a bridesmaid and you're not paying for her hair to be done, nor did you book her an appointment at the time you have you and your bridesmaids' having your hair done, AND she'll be getting ready at a different location than the rest of you that is a full half an hour away - but for some reason you made a point to call her and tell her she could book herself an appointment at the same place if she'd like, on her own dime, without her ever having asked you about it?

I realize that I'm only hearing a small portion of the story, but that sounds ridiculous from the outside looking in, and kind of like you were trying to rub it in that she wasn't in the wedding party.

She may have had her feelings hurt by not having been asked to be in the wedding party to start with, and then having you call her up to say "Just in case you want to pretend you're a part of this - here's where we'll all be, so try to get yourself in at a different time." 

Also, SHE didn't call YOU with this request, so how can you get irritated with her and say she "should be doing her own hair."  From the sound of it, that's exactly what she planned on doing and IS doing.

I think you're freaking out over a situation of your own making.
    10-10-10
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with melissamc2... Plus I could barely understand what you were writing about.
    BabyFruit Ticker If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. Even if we're apart i'll always be with you. - A.A. Milne
  • kari316kari316 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree probably she is a little hurt that she's not in the wedding party, and may just be getting snippy because she's jealous of those who are.  I would just explain that you were offering it in case she wanted her hair done or wanted to come hang out.  Maybe say that because she is part of your family you would be honored if she wanted to come hang out before the wedding but that if it's easier for her to get her hair done somewhere else that is fine too.  Is there something you're doing to include her in the wedding such as a reading, or at least handling the guestbook?  If not you might want to see if you can think of a job for her, I think it will make her feel better and feel included.  Altho if it is too close to the wedding it may just seem like an afterthought so that might be worse.  But if there is still time see if you can appoint her as an official part of the ceremony somehow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards