May 2012 Weddings

If and when sending save the dates?

Since our weddings our so far away, are you sending out save the dates?  If so when?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: If and when sending save the dates?

• Yes, probably September of next year? i mean, most of them will already know the date anyways.
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Summer/Fall of '11. Anything earlier than that is too early.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am sending mine in October of 2011
  • I thought you sent them a year in advance?
  • I think I'll do June or July of 2011, since my fiance's family and friends are all from a different state, 3+ hours away.
  • Send them whenever you want!  I just got one a couple weeks ago for a September 2011 wedding - I don't think it's too early.
    Anniversary
  • I am planning on sending mine in June or July also, because we are planning a destination wedding. Although, because it is a destination wedding most of our guests will already know the date ahead of time. Anyone else planning a destination wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_sending-save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:108d70ef-82cd-49f3-93fd-ee2157175b2aPost:f80f7c86-7e86-48e1-a8ec-1c93f8bb78fe">Re: If and when sending save the dates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought you sent them a year in advance?
    Posted by FutureMrsSheeler[/QUOTE]

That depends on the context of the wedding i.e; out of state, destination, local. For out of state and destination it is courtesy to send them at least a year before the wedding so your guests can make travel plans. If it's local 8-6 months is reasonable. Im sending mine out June 2011
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • We're sending ours in Nov.--so a year from now--most of our family is close so it's just a remindar ;)
    newimagesize Anniversary Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards