New York-New York City

NYC Hotel venue with a view

We live in Manhattan but will have a lot of guests coming from out of town, so like the idea of having the reception in a hotel (where we could ideally get a room block discount). We looked at Eventi which was nice, but am wondering if anyone knows of other venues in the city with views and/or terrace to allow our out of town guests to enjoy the city.
Thanks!

Re: NYC Hotel venue with a view

• moyajenechkamoyajenechka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kitano!
  • Cinderella30Cinderella30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a bride who had a lot of town guests coming for our wedding I suggest two things:  find out what your guests will be comfortable paying per night and ask the hotel to apply the "discount" rate for a minimum of two nights (most of your guests will probably stay the weekend).  I would try to look into the Gansevoort.  Are you set on a hotel venue with a view?  There are so many cool loft and rooftop spaces in the city that are really great.  Besides, the only time your guests will be at the hotel is when they change, shower, and sleep.  The possibilities are almost endless in the city for cool spaces.
  • any other recommendations? Ideally it would be a hotel, but am interested in any other cool venues with a view. 
  • You can check out Studio 450, the lighthouse at chelsea piers, bridgewaters (south street seaport), metropolitan building (in LIC), the skylight ballroom in the puck building, sunset terrace, the glass houses, dumbo loft (bklyn), and manhattan penthouse are several venues with views.  There's another venue in Queens with a room that rotates but I can't recall its name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards