Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Flowers?!?!

I am just now getting on the flower ball. I'm making the mens boutineers  and the mom's pin on corsages. So I need to price my bouquet, 5 bridesmaids, 12 arrangments (for tables and various places). My theme is rustic and I want the mis-matched wildflower look.

I havent talked to any local florists yet, I wanted to see what the average was that everyone paid and also see if anyone did the DIY route and bought bulk flowers?

Ready, set, discuss!

Re: Flowers?!?!

• Tiffany - For my flowers I had 1 bridal bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, 5 total bouts, loose flowers for the flower girls, and lots of loose flowers for my centerpieces.
    I was very flexible with type of flower as long as they were within my color scheme.
    I used Out of the Garden and paid around $800.
    That should give you an idea, and there are pics in my siggy link if you want to check them out.
  • Second Out of the Garden.  They were amazing for my "I don't care about flowers" mentality and budget.  They wholesale their flowers, so they can walk around in the cooler and show you sample arrangements right there at your consultation.
    Anniversary

• The centerpieces are what will drive up your costs.  I had 13 centerpieces, and 2 BM bouquets (but I also had bouts, corsages and the like).  I spent over $2K in 2009.  But you can certainly come in under that.  It just depends on how important flowers are to you--they were very important to me but it seems like today's brides are a lot more laid back when it comes to flowers than I was.

I have seen two Knottie weddings where they did simple mismatched flowers and both were beautiful.  One used Branching Out Events and one used MegBDesigns--you could try contacting Meg as her designs are beee-u-tiful but I am not sure if she is doing weddings.

http://www.megbdesign.com/

I would never suggest DIYing 12 centerpieces although there are certainly people who have done it. 
  • Oh, and we had 12 centerpieces, 6 BM bouquets, my bouquet, 5 corsages for moms and grandmas, and like 10 bouts for the various men AND some rose petals for our exit and I think it came somewhere between $1000-1200.

My coordinator actually did half our centerpieces (we had 25 tables), and I thought it was really neat to have the alternating floral/nonfloral tables.
    Anniversary

• We had 5 BM bouquets, mine, 10 bouts + RB, 6 corsages, 12 aisle arrangements for the ceremony (hanging in mason jars), an archway with minimal flowers, 18 centerpieces, loose flowers for FG, several "in memory" roses, and cake flowers. I used The Lily Pad Flowers and my total was around $1700. I felt like we really got a lot for our money.

However, I will mention that I almost went the DIY route, specifically on the centerpieces. I wanted simple, mixed centerpieces, too...and if I had had a bunch of extra willing hands I probably would have done it. (It just came down to me not wanting to do it myself, with my mom and a few BMs, a day or two before). Your look sounds like it would be really easy to accomplish with some help though, and I would suggest checking out a local market. I did a wedding florals class (for $50) at The Flower Market off of West 7th in Fort Worth (CLICKY), and they were super helpful. They even offer consultation services to help you figure out how much you need to order, and I think you can use their space for putting them together and storing them for an extra fee, too.
    Anniversary
  • tiffanygosstiffanygoss member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for all the great advice ladies. My theme is rustic vintage and casual, not blue jeans causal but not formal (50 guests). Our wedding is in our backyard and although were having a staff for catering and dj, all the normal wedding stuff most of the decor is not "wedding like". I'm doing a horseshoe table with floor length linens and lots of DIY deco thats I've made. I'm pretty darn crafty but I can grow all the flowers (or I would..haha) I guess after reading all of this I'm seeing that flowers are not important enough to me to spend 800+ on them. What I have in my head is a mis matched wildflower look in small mason jars, wine jars, and tin pitchers placed through the table. Maybe I will take a trip down to the farmers market (I work close to it) and check out the bulk flower prices.

After re-reading this post, I feel like I need to proof  before speed typing and posting, I sound like English is not my first language..haha
  • So far, I've only met with Out of the Garden (thanks for the recommendation, ladies!), and she was very flexible. Originally, for 2 FG, my bouquet & tossing, 6 BM, 3 corsages (moms and g'ma), 9 bout (2 dad, FI, 6 GM), 13 centerpieces, set up & tear down & tax, the total was going to be $1,542. So we decided to cut out all bout except for FI's, make the bouquets a little smaller, no FG petals (they can't throw at the venue anyway), we've managed to get the new total down to $1,100. We might end up cutting the cost down further by doing DIY for half of the centerpieces too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flowers-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:402d3988-0403-4017-95ad-e6eecee47bcfPost:952ed1db-3907-4a46-859b-a0b9feb9d6c9">Re: Flowers?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So far, I've only met with Out of the Garden (thanks for the recommendation, ladies!), and she was very flexible. Originally, for 2 FG, my bouquet & tossing, 6 BM, 3 corsages (moms and g'ma), 9 bout (2 dad, FI, 6 GM), 13 centerpieces, set up & tear down & tax, the total was going to be $1,542. So we decided to cut out all bout except for FI's, make the bouquets a little smaller, no FG petals (they can't throw at the venue anyway), we've managed to get the new total down to $1,100. <strong>We might end up cutting the cost down further by doing DIY for half of the centerpieces too.</strong>
    Posted by LynnJared[/QUOTE]

<div>Just make sure you have someone to set them up.  That's the only reason it worked out for us.  Also, because my coordinator had such a good relationship with that florist, they gave her some small flowers for free for the tables she designed (which is one of the many reasons coordinators are worth their weight in gold!).</div>
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flowers-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:402d3988-0403-4017-95ad-e6eecee47bcfPost:5fc3b985-5591-4caa-a6d9-fa6939286a19">Re: Flowers?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flowers?!?! : Just make sure you have someone to set them up.  That's the only reason it worked out for us.  Also, because my coordinator had such a good relationship with that florist, they gave her some small flowers for free for the tables she designed (which is one of the many reasons coordinators are worth their weight in gold!).
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have lots of wonderful friends who've offered to help with anything, so I'm planning on taking advantage of that! lol And I'm pretty sure we're gonna get a DOC to make everything run smoothly too, especially since everyone so highly recommends at leasting getting a DOC.
  • My DOC will be working hard for her money at my wedding!! :)
  • We had 30 tables, and had three different sets of "tablescapes", and only one set (which equalled 10 tables) were primarily flower based.  And like like professorscience said, I loved the look of the mix of the fresh flowers and the vintage pieces we had.  

I can't wait to see pictures Tiffany!  
    And, if you need any wooden signs that are painted with ceremony, etc, I'd be willing to let you borrow them.  I can't bring myself to get rid of them, but they're just hanging on the walls in the garage.  I have one that says photobooth as well. 
  • Hello everyone,

I have been noticing many prices that are quite high.  I am planing on my wedding in March and my color is red and I will be using red roses for my center peices, 11 tables with about 5 or 7 stems arranged simple in a small clear glass holder on a small mirror with about 5 or 6 small candles surrounding the centerpeice.  I am also making my boutiniers and corsages.  My brides maides are going to be holding a single red long stem rose.  The best place I found for my roses is Sams club.  I will be ordering the 200 stems at $148.86.  Depending on the flower arangements you would like, they also offer wedding packages that have everything made.  They range from $195.88 - $1,528. 

I hope this information was helpful to someone. 

Happy planning.

Veronica
  • I used Sam's as well. Good prices for wholesale flowers and they were beautiful! I had 5 BM bouquets, 1 FG bouquet, my bouquet, 7 bouts, 2 corsages, 12 tables, pew decor, and a huge flowerball and only spent about 600-700 dollars. If you do decide to go this way, make sure you have 5 gallon buckets to put the flowers in!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • Kylie I will be a picture posting fool, we've been engaged 2 years so I've had a ton of time to perfect my vision...haha sounds so cheesy but it's true!! AND YES YES YES I would love to borrow them, I understand about not wanting to get rid of them, I'm making a ton of stuff for the wedding with the intention of selling it after ward but I know I'm going to get all sentimental like oh wait I cant sell that little wood box it held napkins at the wedding!! It's priceless now!! haha!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flowers-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:402d3988-0403-4017-95ad-e6eecee47bcfPost:05eb6b31-5c30-4ba5-bf17-92ab5b2dd9fa">Re: Flowers?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had 30 tables, and had three different sets of "tablescapes", and only one set (which equalled 10 tables) were primarily flower based.  And like like professorscience said, I loved the look of the mix of the fresh flowers and the vintage pieces we had.   I can't wait to see pictures Tiffany!   And, if you need any wooden signs that are painted with ceremony, etc, I'd be willing to let you borrow them.  I can't bring myself to get rid of them, but they're just hanging on the walls in the garage.  I have one that says photobooth as well. 
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]
  • Thank you, I've looked into Sams online and Costco as well. That might be a very good option.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flowers-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:402d3988-0403-4017-95ad-e6eecee47bcfPost:e0dcf852-2e00-46de-8554-2f2ae78562a0">Re: Flowers?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone, I have been noticing many prices that are quite high.  I am planing on my wedding in March and my color is red and I will be using red roses for my center peices, 11 tables with about 5 or 7 stems arranged simple in a small clear glass holder on a small mirror with about 5 or 6 small candles surrounding the centerpeice.  I am also making my boutiniers and corsages.  My brides maides are going to be holding a single red long stem rose.  The best place I found for my roses is Sams club.  I will be ordering the 200 stems at $148.86.  Depending on the flower arangements you would like, they also offer wedding packages that have everything made.  They range from $195.88 - $1,528.  I hope this information was helpful to someone.  Happy planning. Veronica
    Posted by outboundforever[/QUOTE]
  • Antebellum Events Co. Specializing in southern charm. Very good at working in your budget. The owner is the sweetest person in the world and can give you ideas when you draw a blank.

www.antebellumeventsco.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the tip on the buckets.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flowers-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:402d3988-0403-4017-95ad-e6eecee47bcfPost:779a5874-55c9-4853-baad-9f998bcbd7bf">Re: Flowers?!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Sam's as well. Good prices for wholesale flowers and they were beautiful! I had 5 BM bouquets, 1 FG bouquet, my bouquet, 7 bouts, 2 corsages, 12 tables, pew decor, and a huge flowerball and only spent about 600-700 dollars. If you do decide to go this way, make sure you have 5 gallon buckets to put the flowers in!
    Posted by NathanandJordan[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards