North Carolina

Hello everyone!

Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself! My name is Emily, FI is Craig! Right now our tentative wedding date is Oct 29, 2011. We are both from the Wilmington area, but currently stuck in Dallas, TX (BOOOOO). So naturally we are planning to get married in Wilmywood.

Our wedding date depends on two things...first is his best man. He is in the Navy, and we are waiting to make sure he isn't going to be on deployment for the wedding, because, well, that would suck! Second is Craig himself! He is planning to go overseas himself for a contract job in September. It's a year contract, so if all goes according to plan he would be back next September. So here is hoping!

We both want an outside wedding, but not on the beach (I'm thinking the river). And right now still in the early planning stages, as our money is going towards getting him ready to go over (passport, physical etc.). I hope to get to know you all better, and good luck with all your own planning! ^_^

Re: Hello everyone!

• SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board =)
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome.  The board is a little slow on weekends, but there's typically a lot happening during the week.  Sounds like you've got a good idea of what you'd like already.  October is the best month for weddings :).  I'd caution you about setting too many decisions in stone right away.  A lot of things can change in a  year, and you may regret some of your decisions later.  There are ton of people who would say you shouldn't choose your wedding party this early, especially.

Hope you'll stick around :)
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards, I'm in the Raleigh area, but I'm getting married in Wilmington. Awedding on the river will be beautiful. You should check out the riverdeck.

I also agree with Mary about making too many decisions this early, especially the wedding party.

I look forward to getting to know you. :o)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! Welcome to the board! I have lived in Wilmington pretty much all of my life, so any questions you have, fire away :) My FI and I are planning an October 2011 wedding as well! (Oct. 8th!) Hope you have a great weekend, and look forward to getting to know you better! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!! I love Wilmington - the river is a great idea. Congratulations and Happy Planning :) We'll be around to help with whatever you need. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_hello-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:8b38e671-8527-431f-ae9a-11df5e260e8fPost:2b1899eb-52df-489c-889d-da9a49f01432">Re: Hello everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats and welcome.  The board is a little slow on weekends, but there's typically a lot happening during the week.  Sounds like you've got a good idea of what you'd like already.  October is the best month for weddings :).  I'd caution you about setting too many decisions in stone right away.  A lot of things can change in a  year, and you may regret some of your decisions later.  There are ton of people who would say you shouldn't choose your wedding party this early, especially. Hope you'll stick around :)
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

It's so funny..i've noticed on a lot of boards how it's always slow on weekends...I guess I know what people do at work! LOL. and I hear you all on the decisions...i've changed the colors numerous times, the time of day etc. The only thing set in stone is the best man, and thats because him and FI have been best brother like buds since the 6th grade (they even went into the navy together!). But yeah, a lot can happen in a year!
  • kernvaleriekernvalerie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Emily!  My FI and I are also getting married in Wilmington in 2011.  We LOVE it there.  And we are huge Dawson's fans.  :)

Happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement! We are having an Oct 2011 wedding in Raleigh!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome Welcome, and congratulations!  You guys sound like you're about to have a busy year!

Let us know if you need any help/suggestions :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi and congrats! I'm Ashley and DH is Matt.  We got married in Raleigh in May of this year.  My best friend is from Wilmington and I loooove it! We go there often in the summers.  A wilmington wedding would be fabulous.  This past April, my best friend got married downtown at St. James Episcopal church (her DH's dad is the head priest there) and her reception was at the Carolina Yacht Club on Wrightsville Beach.  :) 
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!!! 

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Congrats on your engagement! I second the River Deck- awesome place. :)

-- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the board! Good luck with all your planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards