April 2013 Weddings

Time to get serious

About working out/getting healthy.  Tonight was the night!  I went to try on my dress after ordering it 6 months ago.  I was worried that it was too plain, but it's definitely not.  I can't wait to wear it.

While I love the dress, I want to wear it with confidence.  If I had to walk down the aisle today, it would not be with confidence.  Hoping that actually seeing myself in the actual dress I'm going to be wearing that this will help me stay away from McDonald's!  why is it soooo hard to be healthy?  I have got to snap out of this laziness I've had going on!

Perhaps I should get off the couch and do some situps or something!  ugghhhhh......
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Time to get serious

• ugh i totally get your feeling...i realized the other day that the wedding is 5 months away and i was like crap gotta get on this...i went down to one pop a day trying to cut it out completely but man this is hard haha...i wish i had a workout buddy at a gym i always feel so weird working out at my house i feel like the neighbors are watcing me...our house is like complete windows...hopefully we can motivate eacahother!! what kind of dress do you have?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Today was the day I decided I need to make a lifestyle change as well! I ate healthy all day, but haven't been able to force myself onto the treadmill yet.. Baby steps right ha.

Anniversary
  • omg ladies today i was having a break down over my weightmy dress fits me right now but the same i dont love the way i look in it either

im really struggling though im doing weight watcher sbut being a vegetarian is not helping me..finding it very difficult to find healthy foods to eat since im not one to eat veggies all day long

i just ran 1 mile on my treadmill and i felt out of shape but did it...man how do you lose 10-15 pounds quickly lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey ladies, if you have a smartphone, try the My Fitness Pal app. It's awesome! If you don't have a smartphone, you can still sign up online. I've lost 4 lbs since the beginning of October, when I started using it. It's super helpful as long as you're honest with yourself. I cut out all soda and fried foods. I don't even crave them 6 days outta 7. Good luck!!!
  • I totally hear you!  I want to work on toning up my arms and back since my dress is sweetheart strapless.  I just switched jobs and since my prior employer had a gym onsite I have to find a new place to workout now.  Best of luck to you!  I am going to put a countdown to the wedding up in my cube at work to help motivate me to go workout.

• It gets easier as you go. A few years ago I had some medical issues that caused me to put on a lot of weight before I got diagnosed and meds settled. I have to eat super healthy and exercise all the time to maintain my weight and it's really hard for me to lose any. I had fast food for the first time in 3 years the other day and it was not good at all. It tasted like straight salt. Soda just tastes like chemicals. If you can cut the junk out your taste buds will recalabrate to eating healthly food. I think my craving went away after 4-5 months of consistently having no junk. 
    I'd like to lose another 20ish lbs before the wedding which would put me around what I was before getting sick. It might happen it might not. 
    No advice on loving exercise, I just had to make it a habit and now it's like brushing my teeth.  
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm down 45 lbs from this time last year.

I would love to work out and be more toned, but I know it's not a reality. My MIL is using my gym membership. LOL

My dress fits, it flatters my shape, and I will not beat myself up for how I look in it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_time-to-get-serious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:f7d7e40e-fae9-4f00-8ba5-7a9dfb2a9d90Post:f535dad5-0163-48a2-a5a8-9c9eb692c6a9">Re: Time to get serious</a>:
    [QUOTE]omg ladies today i was having a break down over my weightmy dress fits me right now but the same i dont love the way i look in it either im really struggling though im doing weight watcher sbut being a vegetarian is not helping me..finding it very difficult to find healthy foods to eat since im not one to eat veggies all day long <strong>i just ran 1 mile on my treadmill and i felt out of shape but did it...man how do you lose 10-15 pounds quickly lol</strong>
    Posted by nay1984[/QUOTE]

Running is actually a great way to lose weight. Even if you just did 1 mile on your treadmill every day, alongside eating healthily (which does NOT mean veggies all day... you also absolutely need protein, carbs, good fats), I think it would make a difference.

I'll also second the suggestion above for My Fitness Pal. It's a great way to keep track of what you're eating and your excercise, both for losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight.
  • Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    You guys can totally do it!!! I def. recc. weight watchers. Since starting it I am down 20lbs and have dropped 2 sizes. I have seen the loss of weight everywhere (face, arms, legs STOMACH!) I have been working out as well (I ran my first 5k in September, and added another one to the books a couple of weeks ago) i agreed with all of you, I love my dress. It looked good on me at the weight I was when I purchased it, but I did not like what I personally looked like. So I kicked my butt into high gear, and haven't stopped since. I can only lose about 5 more lbs, or I am going to have issues with taking my dress in (talk about something to be stress about, but I trust that they can alter it) and I have slowed down a bit, but I need to get those last 5lbs off!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Way to go Stef and Christine! That is so awesome!

It is all about the power of positive thinking. Just know you can do it and it will be easier. Take baby steps. Replace your snacks with fruit or veggies, and your pop or juice with water. Add one more healthy option to your lunch and dinner.

Have you heard of healthy trim? I have been taking that for a few months now just to help me with my constant need to snack. It is also a great caffeine supplement and I love it.

With regards to working out, again take baby steps. You don't have to run to lose weight, you can walk too! Put on your favorite show and walk for an hour while watching it. Hold up some heavy cans to help tone your arms at the same time.

We can do it!!!!!

• GinaV0822GinaV0822 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012
    This is all great motivation!  I hate that others are struggling with it like I am, but hopefully we can encourage each other.  I just turned 40 this year, and while that's not an excuse, the weight absolutely does not come off as easily as it used to.  And it has appeared in places like never before!  LOL.  

Last year I did the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred religiously 4 times a week and I toned up like never before.  I did not eat so great but I know if I eat better and workout I can get there!  

I can't run, I just hate it and it makes everything hurt so I'm going to walk and do some yoga and the 30 day shred.  Staring me in the face at work I have a note to myself to do 20 lunges, 20 jumping jacks and 20 pushups 5 times a day.  That's a bit extreme but I'm going to try to work up to it.  I saw it on some show.  It certainly can't hurt right??

We can do this!

I'm saying NO to backfat in my dress!!!!

And congrats to all of you who have been able to get healthy!  That's awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lol, I have been thinking this same thing. 5 months from today is the big day! Thankfully my dress is too big, so I don't have to lose weight to make sure I fit in it- it will be fit to me. And it's flattering (a-line.) But I definitely want to lose at least 10 lbs and have toner back/arms so that I feel great in it! I know it's totally doable, but it's tough!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ah, yoga is so great too, Gina! I love it, and it will definitely help you to tone up! Good luck :)
  • so you liked 30 day shred...i think thats what ineed..something that i can see results in a month that will motivate me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Its so hard to keep in shape!! I started to get REALLY motivated as soon as we got engaged, but over the months its been very patchy. My weight is like a yo yo. My dress should still be ok, but I definitely need to up to pace to feel really great on the day...especially since I bought it in the height of my workout plan.

On that note I'm going to eat a sandwich :/

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Now you all will probably kill me for saying this but I actually have to gain weight for my dress. There's a million things out there for people trying to lose weight but I genuinely can't seem to gain weight. I wouldn't do it by eating crappy food, as that just contributes to poor health overall but yeah I can't seem to stop being underweight. I'm also pissed that I told my dress shop to order a size 2 and they ordered a 4, which lo and behold is a size too big. I guarantee if I had done what I wanted it would fit perfectly. Hope alterations can make it look how I wanted it :/
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Time to get serious:[QUOTE]Now you all will probably kill me for saying this but I actually have to gain weight for my dress. There's a million things out there for people trying to lose weight but I genuinely can't seem to gain weight. I wouldn't do it by eating crappy food, as that just contributes to poor health overall but yeah I can't seem to stop being underweight. I'm also pissed that I told my dress shop to order a size 2 and they ordered a 4, which lo and behold is a size too big. I guarantee if I had done what I wanted it would fit perfectly. Hope alterations can make it look how I wanted it :/ Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks they ordered the wrong size. I'm sure alterations will go well. I actually haven't gained weight since middle school, but I don't eat very healthy and would like to change that.
    The idea of being on a beach for a week has really made me feel like I need to tone up as well. My dress fits perfectly right now, so I feel like I'm walking a fine line.

Anniversary
  • Another vote for My fitness pal app!  I also use Run Keeper App, you can track your running, walking, biking, etc.  Using both of those keeps me accountable. I lost 15 lbs last year doing that and now have started up again.  I'm down 9lbs now and hoping to lose another 10-15lbs to feel fully confidant. (but I just bought my muffin top sucker inner for my dress just in case!) :-)

WE CAN DO IT!
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_time-to-get-serious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:f7d7e40e-fae9-4f00-8ba5-7a9dfb2a9d90Post:6f2851c4-ddb6-48a9-85fb-9d567e1cbd38">Re: Time to get serious</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another vote for My fitness pal app!  I also use Run Keeper App, you can track your running, walking, biking, etc.  Using both of those keeps me accountable. I lost 15 lbs last year doing that and now have started up again.  I'm down 9lbs now and hoping to lose another 10-15lbs to feel fully confidant. (but I just bought my muffin top sucker inner for my dress just in case!) :-) WE CAN DO IT!
    Posted by bdpbride[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I need a muffin top sucker inner on stand by incase I don't get rid of them on my own!  What kind did you get??</div><div>
    </div><div>I have used My Fitness pal in the past so I need to start up again.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Back on the wagon tomorrow, I swear!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GinaV - I got mine at Kohls, http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-267734/flexees-instant-slimmer-waistnipper-6868.jsp

I tried on the Flexees Waistnipper that you have to pull on and while it may work well, the process to get that sucker on and off would have made for a great Friends episode! 

I had flashes of terror of the wedding night and my new hubby trying with all his might to pull that sucker back off, it finally coming loose and me go flying through the room and end up with a concusion.... lol . Needless to say the hook and eye one was easy to fasten and gave me a nice shape so I opted for that one! :-)
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• you can't spot reduce your body. You can tone muscles, but if there's a layer of fat over them you won't see the difference. 

WW is great. They preach that to lose weight and be healthy you need to change your lifestyle, not go on a diet. I 10,000% agree. I'm permanently working to change my mindset around food. I want to eat healthy food because I know it makes me feel good and turn down sweets because they make me feel bad (my body, not the guilt). I have found exercises I enjoy that make me feel strong and refreshed (pilates and dancing). When I treat my body well I'm happier. The nice side effect is that I lose weight. If I keep doing this forever it's a lifestyle, not a diet.

WW helped me learn good eating habits for a long time. I don't go to meetings anymore, but I'm glad I did. Wanting to look great in your wedding dress is a huge motivation, but remember that MANY MANY brides gain weight after the wedding. Don't be that statistic. Stay healthy and keep your body in shape for life and babies and other adventures! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards