Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Lighting?

I'm wondering who of those out there are using lighting at their reception? I have been somewhat up in the air and know it will really make the room stand out if I have it I just don't know if I want to spend the money, I did not include lighting in my budget.
How do you feel about lighting? If your using it, any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: Lighting?

• DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had considered it, but lighting is just soooo expensive.  I think weddings with uplighting look really nice, but in the end I just decided I'd rather spend the money on something else (or save it).
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd be interested if anyone knows of any low-cost options
  • edited December 2011
    I bought these uplights from save on crafts. Love them, they were not as bright at first but when you move them about two inches from the wall they are lovely. I bought fuschia a colored sheet from Guitar center for I think ten dollars. I purchased a total of 12 lights for about $227. http://www.save-on-crafts.com/canspot.html
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Marissa, are you using Melodies & Memories?  If so, Melody has a few can lights for uplighting.  But if you're looking for spotlighting, pin lights, etc, I don't think she has anything other than those can lights.

D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Melodies & Memories--I'll have to ask her about it. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing uplighting and pin spotting through our DJ, Blair Sparkman with Party All The Times Production.  We got a really good deal (at least compared to what we were thinking) for the DJ and Lighting all for $2,150. If our planner didn't find that deal we probably would have just let it go because all of the other quotes were out of our budget.

It's definitely a splurge, but something we thought would look amazing in the room.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried to talk to Ben into lighting but it was something he wouldn't even consider.  Our room looked fine without it.  It's one of those things that if you have it in your budget great, but if not, I don't think it's that important, BUT I guess it would depend on your venue.  It certainly adds to the decor but in our case, not enough to justify the cost.  Our ballroom had plenty going on without it.
  • edited December 2011

We are getting our lighting through our DJ - Richard McClure - at A Very Special Day. We got a deal from one of the bridal shows...$1800 for DJ service with $750 lighting package for free. He promises to make it look amazing - their work on their website looks awesome so I can't wait to see what he comes up with!

HTH!!

• Bootsie12Bootsie12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our venue is providing the lighting for us pin spots and up lighting.  Our DJ is provding the dance floor monogram for $100.00. We negotiated with the DJ for a reduced rate for the monogram.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My best recommendation is ILD Lighting of Texas.  They have locations in Dallas, Houston, and Austin.  I like their website and they have received a lot of awards in the wedding industry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards