Not Engaged Yet

Diamond Candles...Fun? Or fuel for BSC?

I have never heard of these Diamond Candles before- Have you?
http://www.diamondcandles.com/

What do you think? Fun? Crazy? Nice gift idea?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Diamond Candles...Fun? Or fuel for BSC?

• I don't really understand...lol. So there's actually diamond rings in every candle?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think they're neat, kind of like a waxy lottery that pays out rings instead of cash. I wanted to order one just for kicks, but they don't ship to Canada. Sigh....
  • I think it's weird.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diamond-candlesfun-fuel-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d48106f6-f486-43c7-b145-77bdf0c854faPost:4e1931f7-c08e-42e8-b5a3-29d44b6014d7">Re: Diamond Candles...Fun? Or fuel for BSC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really understand...lol. So there's actually diamond rings in every candle?
    Posted by swhite2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Every candle has a ring, but they range from $10 to $5000 (or something, I don't know the exact amount) There are a million youtube videos of annoying women digging through candle wax trying to get at them. </div>
  • I just think that even if I got a $5,000 ring it probably wouldn't be my style so I'd end up selling it or something. Plus I'm sure 99% of the candles have really cheap rings.

• I think it's kind of neat lol. I love candles..so the possibility of getting a 5k ring after it's used up is pretty awesome.
    5/27/12
  • Some the rings are really pretty...and some a really ugly. LOL. Hit or miss, I suppose.
  • Ha, that seems pretty neat. I wouldn't mind having one, just for fun. I love mystery prizes, lol.
  • Dayum, those girls on weddingbee are NUTS for these things! I think they're kind of silly, but FI wants to get one now O_o

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • I just told FI about it and he was oddly excited about the concept haha.
    5/27/12
  • One of those girls had really hairy fingers. That's all I have to say about that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diamond-candlesfun-fuel-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d48106f6-f486-43c7-b145-77bdf0c854faPost:68eb400a-b10f-4a14-b155-3eb5eb46528b">Re: Diamond Candles...Fun? Or fuel for BSC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of those girls had really hairy fingers. That's all I have to say about that.
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too!

• Ok, yeah, I kind of really want one. 

I'm a sucker for prizes.  Like, I'll choose what soft drink I want based on the potential to win a prize under the lid.
  • I love scented candles and love some of the secents they have I wouldn't buy one for the purpose of hoping to get a ring out of it though.

Anniversary

• Hmm I think this could be fun plus I love candles. 

And ew to those hairy fingers, seriously don't look through that thread if you're eating. 

• Seems kind of gimmicky, but  get the appeal of a guaranteed ring. I wonder what the stones are that aren't diamond? Are they gemstones or like glass or crystals? I dunno, it might be a cute gift, but I wouldn't buy it for myself and be digging through the wax like a maniac. 

Those weddingbee boards scare the bejesus out of me. Seriously...I'm just, I dunno glad I'm on TK (except when they f up the boards and eat posts).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diamond-candlesfun-fuel-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d48106f6-f486-43c7-b145-77bdf0c854faPost:bb6f9b60-1cbb-4e7a-952d-c3c77eba6548">Re: Diamond Candles...Fun? Or fuel for BSC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, yeah, I kind of really want one.  I'm a sucker for prizes.  Like, I'll choose what soft drink I want based on the potential to win a prize under the lid.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

This is how you win amazing prizes like cupcakes and bread and shiit. Lucky.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diamond-candlesfun-fuel-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d48106f6-f486-43c7-b145-77bdf0c854faPost:9c10ecd9-aeea-4898-9933-ba4c4b43d5d5">Re: Diamond Candles...Fun? Or fuel for BSC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Diamond Candles...Fun? Or fuel for BSC? : That was gross. I want one though.  I love candles.  I love candles that smell.  A smelly candle that gives me a prize?!  Sign me up! I'd never give one as a gift though.  <strong>What if that person got a $5000 ring?  I'd be pissed.
    </strong>Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

True story - everyone at work gets each other scratch tickets for Christmas. Last year, coworker P got coworker M one that we all thought, for a split second, was a $100,000 prize. P FLIPPED out and starting screaming at M that he owed her half of the prize. It was one of the funniest and grossest things I've ever seen.
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    I think this sounds silly.  Also, if I gave one as a gift and someone got a $5k ring from it, I would be pissed.  Hahaha.

ETA:  Also, the candle is $24.95??  That is expensive for a candle.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • I ordered 2 last night. Thanks for the link Lunar.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Unfortunately- $25ish is the going price for a Yankee Candle that size too. Clicky

Some candles are expensive...not all contain rings. ;)

I wonder how this got started...
    I like to think that it was a dude whose FI broke up with him...so he thought..."Hm...what to do with this ring...? I know...I'll sink it into a candle and sell it with hundreds of other candles." Ka-Ching!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diamond-candlesfun-fuel-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d48106f6-f486-43c7-b145-77bdf0c854faPost:9369f19a-048a-4c23-92c5-321ba8f83e96">Re: Diamond Candles...Fun? Or fuel for BSC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately- $25ish is the going price for a Yankee Candle that size too. Clicky Some candles are expensive...not all contain rings. ;) I wonder how this got started... I like to think that it was a dude whose FI broke up with him...so he thought..."Hm...what to do with this ring...? I know...I'll sink it into a candle and sell it with hundreds of other candles." Ka-Ching!
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

<div>From the website.  I think it's weird, but whatever.  I'd totally buy one.</div><div>
    </div><div><p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:20px;margin-left:0px;line-height:1.6em;color:#666666;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;padding:0px;">Let's start at the beginning of this love story that turned into a business. David met Brenda for the first time in November of 1978 when they were both still in high school. He knew the first time that he laid eyes on her that she was going to be his wife one day. They both realized that they were destined to be together.</p><p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:20px;margin-left:0px;line-height:1.6em;color:#666666;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;padding:0px;">Several years later at a picnic in his parents' back yard, David got down on one knee and proposed to Brenda just two years after their first date. She said yes!</p><p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:20px;margin-left:0px;line-height:1.6em;color:#666666;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;padding:0px;">Young, broke, and in love, there was nothing wrong with the world as long as they were together.</p><p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:20px;margin-left:0px;line-height:1.6em;color:#666666;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;padding:0px;">Throughout the next year, David worked long hours in construction and had been saving up every penny to be able to buy something nice for his wife for their anniversary. With their anniversary approaching, he went to the local jewelry store to see what type of gift he could afford with his hard earned savings. He soon discovered a diamond ring that he knew Brenda would absolutely love.</p><p style="margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bottom:20px;margin-left:0px;line-height:1.6em;color:#666666;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;text-align:-webkit-auto;background-color:#ffffff;padding:0px;">With the ring purchased, David rushed to the grocery store to buy a gift bag to put the ring in. He couldn't find any gift bags, but just before leaving he saw some candles. David knew that Brenda loved candles, and he decided to pick one up to go along with the anniversary ring. On his way out of the store, he looked down at the ring in one hand and the candle in the other, and the idea of Diamond Candles was born.</p></div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I like Lunar's take on how it started better than the real story.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diamond-candlesfun-fuel-bsc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d48106f6-f486-43c7-b145-77bdf0c854faPost:c627fbf9-d446-48ce-a525-1e09f7639fc0">Re: Diamond Candles...Fun? Or fuel for BSC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Diamond Candles...Fun? Or fuel for BSC? : This is how you win amazing prizes like cupcakes and bread and shiit. Lucky.
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

Ha!  Those are, like, the only things I've <em>ever</em> won.

I just love trying.
  • Me too.  I would be pissed if FI put my ring in a candle.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards