Wedding Etiquette Forum

too quiet in here...WFD?

We're having caesar salad and buffalo chicken sandwiches.

Re: too quiet in here...WFD?

• salsa swiss steak.  It's in the crock pot and smells yummy!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Microwaved buffalo chicken bites and whatever random snacks I find around the house.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All the Americans are off from work. Which is why it's quiet. 

Um, we're having samosa-stuffed baked potatoes and... some kind of size dish than goes with Indian food.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I haven't a clue, honestly.  I had no plans.

Also, I hate Mondays.  Hate 'em.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Leftover pasta....unless I convince FI to take me out to dinner to celebrate starting my new job tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had pasta that I half-assed because I couldn't be bothered to clean up the kitchen, do dishes AND cook a yummy dinner that he wouldn't appreciate anyway.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    SAuted pork loin in mushroom soup sauce, steamed carrots or broccoli and rice. I WOULD bbq, but its supposed to storm soon.
  • no idea. It's only 2:30 here, so we havent even thought about dinner yet. Nothing we have to cook tho, since the whole kitchen is packed in boxes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quiet-herewfd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1a181364-b8e2-4ac0-860f-8aed1fee9f55Post:118fcaa0-dca7-48f4-ab54-af6116d4dcb9">Re: too quiet in here...WFD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had pasta that I half-assed because I couldn't be bothered to clean up the kitchen, do dishes AND cook a yummy dinner that he wouldn't appreciate anyway.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]
    I'm sorry that this thread is getting more attention than your current events one.  I feel guilty that I'm not up on the latest news and more comfortable talking about food.
  • We are supposed to go to SILs for dinner.  That is at 7 and since I can't eat that late, I'll grab something quick before hand.  Which isn't a bad thing given SILs cooking skills.  H said he may join me on the early eating. 
  • My aunt who lives up the street from me won a Schwan's party.  So I'm having a ton of food here in about an hour.  I can't wait.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quiet-herewfd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1a181364-b8e2-4ac0-860f-8aed1fee9f55Post:3af241bb-90c4-44b8-88de-8f6f6c23f22e">Re: too quiet in here...WFD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: too quiet in here...WFD? : I'm sorry that this thread is getting more attention than your current events one.  I feel guilty that I'm not up on the latest news and more comfortable talking about food.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]
    It's all right. :)  The topic is controversial and most of the people who'd normally respond aren't around.
  • No idea. We don't have too much in the house. I'm sure we will fend for ourselves and I'll probably have cereal or maybe eggs
  • We bought a grill today!  So we're making hamburgers and marinated mushroom skewers and spinach salad, with Fat Tire to drink and red velvet cupcakes for dessert.  I'm glad I just went running.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Yummy pizza with a friend who's moving to NY tomorrow :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quiet-herewfd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1a181364-b8e2-4ac0-860f-8aed1fee9f55Post:93a3c140-a5d2-415c-85bb-58571823cdf5">Re: too quiet in here...WFD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We bought a grill today!  So we're making hamburgers and marinated mushroom skewers and spinach salad, with Fat Tire to drink and red velvet cupcakes for dessert.  I'm glad I just went running.
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]
    That sounds absolutely amazing.  I am currently trying to decide if I should go running or not.  I wonder if I will hate Fat Tire waiting for me if I do!
  • Trout and dolmades.  i dont know what DH is having!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • holy crap KK, 360 people invited?
  • We had a salad with vege-meat. Now I'm eating pudding cookies for dessert.
  • I'm having dinner envy from this thread.

I haven't even thought about dinner yet, but maybe some fiesta chicken and spanish rice. I think I have everything to make that, I also think some of you need to come to MY house and cook.

Photobucket
  • I am making my mom a belated mother's day gift-Coconut Cream Cheese Pound-cake, so cake batter will be what I am having.
  • Brie- I'm insanely jealous. Yum, yum
  • scoettoscoetto member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    J is grilling teriyaki marinated flank steak, which is being served with pasta salad & steamed broccoli. And I will be having a Mike's Hard Lemonade or two.
  • Leftover Subway. I got a footlong at lunch with the intention of having the other half for dinner. FI is gone for work, and the little brother moved out (yay!) so I'm struggling with cooking for one. I've never done it before.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Mags, I love your new sig pic!  You guys are too cute.

Dinner plans are currently being complicated by the fact that I can't put any weight on my right foot after said run without intense pain.  WTF, body.  Thank god our shower has a seat in it.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quiet-herewfd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1a181364-b8e2-4ac0-860f-8aed1fee9f55Post:2aa58167-59ff-4c34-836f-e359c6d29558">Re: too quiet in here...WFD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Leftover Subway. I got a footlong at lunch with the intention of having the other half for dinner. FI is gone for work, and the little brother moved out (yay!) so I'm struggling with cooking for one. I've never done it before.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I do it all the time b/c Ricky works at night. My meals usually make 3 or 4 helpings so I eat them for a couple of days or I freeze the leftovers.
  • Oh no Brie, that sucks.

Thanks! I love that picture too. we just had them taken, and I was pleasantly surprised by how many decent ones there were.

LC- When did the bro move out?
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quiet-herewfd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1a181364-b8e2-4ac0-860f-8aed1fee9f55Post:522ebaff-18b5-4d91-b538-0dc81644ddee">Re: too quiet in here...WFD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: too quiet in here...WFD? : I do it all the time b/c Ricky works at night. My meals usually make 3 or 4 helpings so I eat them for a couple of days or I freeze the leftovers.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]
    I'm gonna give it a go. I'm just accustomed to making a lot of food. I'll probably just take some of my favorite recipes and half them. Also, I'm trying to cook better stuff and not use so damn much butter.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quiet-herewfd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1a181364-b8e2-4ac0-860f-8aed1fee9f55Post:654b83c5-33fd-43b6-bc2a-8e8240d21a2b">Re: too quiet in here...WFD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no Brie, that sucks. Thanks! I love that picture too. we just had them taken, and I was pleasantly surprised by how many decent ones there were. LC- When did the bro move out?
    Posted by mags0607[/QUOTE]
    I also agree about your adorable new picture.

My brother just signed his lease today. The place is about 6 blocks down the street from our house, and he hardly has any furniture, so the move was really easy for him. He did it this afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards