African American Weddings

Don't know what to do....

My bachelorette party is supposed to be in two weeks, but I really feel like canceling it!  It was supposed to be me, moh, and 3 bm's going.  But now 2 of my bm's say they probably can't make it- money issues, work schedule, and family issues.  I'm like- yall have known about the bacherlorette weekend for a while, I mean they are the ones that chose the date.  I thought about including other people/friends since my 2 bm's can't make the trip, but they can't make it either.  This sucks, I was really looking forward to the trip.... sorry just wanted to vent.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image

Re: Don't know what to do....

• I am sure that the BMs who are still planning on attending are looking forward to BP and it sounds like deep down you still want this to happen. Sometimes it's not all about the numbers. Less is sometimes more. I say go forward with it and make the most of it. Also if all your BMs are local, perhaps have a "girls night out" closer to the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_dont-know-what-to-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c27f1a99-2a02-469b-a030-2abc37546169Post:c26a26e3-9a21-4296-bba3-16433fc18279">Re: Don't know what to do....</a>:
    [QUOTE]. Sometimes it's not all about the numbers. Less is sometimes more. I say go forward with it and make the most of it. Also if all your BMs are local, perhaps have a "girls night out" closer to the wedding.
    Posted by rowenac82[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think less is more as well. I know you want everyone to be there and I am sorry this is happening.but it also sounds like you can have two, one now and another closer. It might be good to have an hour the night before with your girls. Nothing fancy, maybe not a club, but something super chill with lots of laugher and love with everyone there.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • I think you'll still have fun; but I know it's important to have the people there that matter and as they're your BMs its safe to assume they matter.

In your place I would be pretty hurt like you are, but I hope you can find it in your heart to be understanding. I can't vouch that they aren't being flaky but let's assume their reasons are legitimate and they have these unavoidable obligations, as a friend I would find it in my heart to try to be understanding.

Whether they're there or not, you're guaranteed an amazing time with the friends who plan to show up! Try to have fun hun!
    Vacation White Knot
  • GO,
    Have a great time.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards