Michigan-Detroit
Options

House - Vent! Long

Some of you may remember that I own a house and am renting it out.
I rented my house out in May of 2009. I was so happy to finally get renters. Everything was fine until I get a call from one of the renters, telling me that she kicked her husband out and they are getting a divorce. This is in the middle of December. She calls me after the new year and tells me that she won't be able to pay rent anymore and she will be out by Jan 31 (I had a verbal 30+ day notice for leaving the house). Ok I can handle that. I called my agent and told her to get paperwork started so we can get it back out there for rent.
I get a call from the renter and she informs me that she is out of the house now, but gave her soon-to-be ex a key to get the rest of his stuff out. He informed her that he's not leaving. My heart rate just skyrocketed. Not good. She then proceeds to tell me that he lost his job due to drinking on the job and now has no income and can't pay for anything. So I told her that if he wants to stay that's fine, I need a check for Feb rent ASAP! I'm just waiting to hear back from her if he's going to pay or not.
I was supposed to collect keys on Sunday from her and she informed me that if I go to the house, do not go alone and bring someone perferably male (I'll just get the guy next door who looks like a linebacker for a pro team). He is coming unglued and is sort of destructive right now, I really do not need to find my house destroyed. I do not need this. If he doesn't leave (I have already talked to my agent about what I as a landlord have to do if he won't leave and does not pay rent), then I have to file with the court to get him evicted and he (and his wife) will have to pay some $$ (will lose sec. deposit and maybe have to pay more fees).
Hopefully he will leave the house and I can get updated pictures and find a great renter who will take care of my house and actually stay for the full year.

Sorry so long. Thanksfor listening.

Re: House - Vent! Long

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards