Christian Weddings

Help me pick tablecloth colors!

I'm seriously clueless about which tablecloth color to pick, and I'm going for my final meeting in a week with the reception manager.  My choices are navy  blue, sky blue, white, ivory, and light pink.  Any suggestions?  Below is a picture.  My wedding colors are blue and pink, but I'm afraid blue tablecloths will be overwhelming, since the hall is overlooking the bay.  Pink might be nice, but the carpet is sort of pink.  And white seems too plain, as the walls are plain and the place looks a little drab.  Thanks in advance for your help!  

Re: Help me pick tablecloth colors!

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Is your reception during daylight hours?  If it's a night, the blue of the bay won't matter, and I think Navy Blue would look great.  If it's during the day, I vote sky blue.  What shades of blue and pink are you using?
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It will be light during the first part of the reception, so people can see outside.  But by the end, it will be dark.  As for my wedding colors, the blue is not navy but on the darker side (the exact same color as the bay).  The pink is a very light pink.

• edited December 2011
    I think ivory would look really nice, IMO.
  • edited December 2011
    Are you renting or buying (it's sometimes cheaper to buy)? Price things out, it MAY be signifiantly cheaper to go with white/ivory (like the venue may already have those or they're probably cheaper to get on your own because they're more common. If it is signicantly cheaper to go with white/ivory, you could gert a colored table runner.

Also, I don't think the walls are boring, especially when it's light outside. And the ceiling/walls wooden slats thing adds visual interest.
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMHO, I think whatever the colour of your bridal party attire is, the tablecloths should be the opposite so that there isn't too much of one colour and not enough of the other.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_pick-tablecloth-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:90b9c6e2-b53a-4046-af1c-e2179b9457f3Post:42cf4055-676e-4140-86d4-7241a5f00e8f">Re: Help me pick tablecloth colors!</a>:
    [QUOTE]IMHO, I think whatever the colour of your bridal party attire is, the tablecloths should be the opposite so that there isn't too much of one colour and not enough of the other.
    Posted by mattycam[/QUOTE]

<div>ditto.</div><div>
    </div><div>Not knowing BP dress color... I would actually say do the pink, and do LOTS of blue accents all over the place.  Then you would get pink and blue.  </div><div>
    </div><div>If the BP outfits have a lot of pink and blue already, an Ivory cloth would work well, and you can accent with pink and blue.</div><div>
    </div><div>good luck with your decision!! </div>
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your thoughts.  The BM dresses will be blue, and the costs will all be the same (the restaurant owns them all).  You think lots of pink tableclothes wouldn't look overwhelming?  If tableclothes are pink, what would I do with flowers (not as many options for white or blue flowers)?  This is the most difficult wedding decision ever! :-)
  • mo0nangelmo0nangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with Ivory and a light pink table runner, make the flowers of the centerpieces different shades of pink in bright colors or
    Here's an example: of a pink and blue reception decor.
    Here's another one: Blue table cloth and BM dresses and pink flowers.
    Found another one: Click Here
    And yet another one: Click Here
    Hope it helps!!! if not keep looking through the pictures of blue and pink weddings, there are tons of ideas out there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mo0nangelmo0nangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found another one: click here
    I would go for a light colored linen bc the room looks a little dark.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards