Florida-Central Florida

Gaylord Palms Orlando (and other possible venues)

Hello everyone!

I am just starting my planning for my wedding, which I am hoping to have sometime between November 2013 - January 2014. I would really like an outdoor wedding, which is origionally why I chose the dates.
My MOH suggested I check out Gaylord Palms, since you can have an "outside wedding" without being outside. Has anyone had their wedding here before? If not, are there any other locations you would reccommend?
I am planning to have a max amount of 75 at the wedding.

Thank you for your help!

Re: Gaylord Palms Orlando (and other possible venues)

• I used to work there. The ceremony site is nice, but the reception room is bright orange. If you are hiring someone to do lighting they may be able to offset it but otherwise if trangerine doesn't vibe with your wedding colors I'd choose somewhere else. It is a wondeful resort though I would highly reccomend checking it out. Lake Mary Event center has a room that is practically outdoors too, check them out but they book FAST.
  • Thanks! Their reception area does look nice and seems to be a good price, but the reception prices seem way expensive for me. Thanks for the tip about the banquet rooms though!
  • TinaSweeneyTinaSweeney member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I checked Gaylord Palms when I was first engaged, too. It was way too expensive! We finally decided on having ours at Cypress Grove Estate park. It's beautiful, and much cheaper than most places I found! Perfect for a guest list of 75 as well. :)

• edited September 2012
    I just got married at the Gaylord palms on aug 11. I totally loved it. Yes, it is a little pricey, but it was well worth it. To be able to have an outdoor wedding with no stress about the weather was awesome. The other thing you want to look at is how much you get for the price. There price includes your cake, an amazing wedding planner Cyndi and open bar for cocktail hour and reception plus much more. We also had our reception in the orange blossom room which has a balcony and we had a firework show for us off the roof of the resort that we could see from the balcony. I loved it and Pam at the resort is amazing help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards