Hawaii

Budget for wedding in South Maui

Hi ladies, Does anyone have plan to have a ceremony and reception for about 50 ppl in south Maui and its budget around $10K??   I really want to have a reception outside and ocean view in Maui but I am not sure I can do it for $10K.I have checked several restaurants but some of them do not even allow us to have more than 30ppl at outside balcony area...If you know the good restaurant, location, and strategy, please let me know!Thanks!!!!!!

Re: Budget for wedding in South Maui

• edited December 2011
    Yay! You found us. You're right, the costs do add up for the private estates - especially because you have to bring everything in to so many of them.

What are your thoughts on a luau reception? Are you dead set on South Maui?
  • edited December 2011
    I thought luan reception is more pricy. 
    Yeah...my mother insists us to have a wedding in South side BUT we will go to Maui in this summer to see all the venues and options so pls let me know if you have a good idea to make outside ocean view reception with 10K (include ceremony at catholic church which will cost us from $1350-$1800). BUT this $10K does not include costs for flight tickets and hotels.
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_budget-wedding-south-maui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:137ef456-aa39-4230-81e7-ea77824a9988Post:5aae47b3-a2c3-47ed-885d-eda70960598b">Re: Budget for wedding in South Maui</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought luan reception is more pricy.  Yeah...my mother insists us to have a wedding in South side BUT we will go to Maui in this summer to see all the venues and options so pls let me know if you have a good idea to make outside ocean view reception with 10K (include ceremony at catholic church which will cost us from $1350-$1800). BUT this $10K does not include costs for flight tickets and hotels.
    Posted by lena.nagasaka@gmail.com[/QUOTE]
    ETA: I just reread your previous post, and you're saying that you'd need a venue and caterers for a reception for $10k minus the $1500 for the ceremony - so ~$8500 for 50 people.  I don't know if you could do any of the wedding estates for that, unless you bring in bbq from Da Kitchen or something.  I'd think once you pay their site fee, the catering for 50 would put you way over.
    <div>
    </div><div>As for restaurants, have you looked at Mulligan's on the Blue?  I think they can fit 50 on their front lanai and they're relatively affordable.  Also SeaWatch/Gannon's (they're changing ownership) should be able to accommodate that size.</div>
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_budget-wedding-south-maui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:137ef456-aa39-4230-81e7-ea77824a9988Post:5aae47b3-a2c3-47ed-885d-eda70960598b">Re: Budget for wedding in South Maui</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought luan reception is more pricy.  
    Posted by lena.nagasaka@gmail.com[/QUOTE]
    More pricey than what?  It depends on what you compare it to.  Luau tickets are around $90 per person.  When you take into account everything you have to bring to a reception site to serve dinner, the cost per person is more than that.  Even at the restaurant we chose, when you take into account the service fees, tax, and alcohol cost (which is expensive), we're over $90 per person.<div>
    </div><div>So at a luau, for 50 ppl you could have your reception for under $5000 - probably less than you'll get anywhere else, unless you make your own food or bring in bbq from a local restaurant.</div>
  • aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im sure you can do it for 10K. We have about 20 people in our wedding, and we are up around $8,000. We are getting married at the Seawatch in South Maui. Its a nice place, private, and not too expensive! We are doing a luau reception because its a little cheaper and I just want a laid back reception, because we are doing an AHR in Kansas. HTH!
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MaliagmMaliagm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married and having the reception dinner at The Five Palms Restaurant in Kihei.  They have a few different pricing options to suit different needs.  The outdoor patio has a food and bev min ($4000), but some of the inside areas don't...just pay for what is ordered!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Maliagm, when are you getting married at the Five Palms?? I'm doing mine there on September 02 this year!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards