May 2012 Weddings

Is anyone going to

The Dominican Republic for their honeymoon?? I was finally given a budget for our honeymoon and it's all I can think about lately because I have no idea where to go. I've been looking into the DR and have found some great deals so far, just curious if any of you ladies would be honeymooning that way or have ever been there to help me out in my search!
Thanks Ladies :)
imageVisit The Nest!

Re: Is anyone going to

• I have been once. We went to the Gran Bahia Principe Ambar. It is in P Cana. It is a complex of resorts, but the part we were on was adult only. I really liked it there.

Ok so for some reason the word P@nta (as in Cana) is considered a bad word according to the Knot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a friend get married in the DR. I wasn't able to go but her pictures were gorgeous!! I think you'd have a great time if you went there!
    178 Are Invited
    image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to DR last fall, but we stayed at an all-inclusive resort in Puerto Plata, which is the north side of DR. I love the weather and people were friendly, everyone spoke english, so you'll be fine...
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're going to PuntaCana

• We are going to PC!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That was our second choice. It looks beautiful :) And you can definitely find some great deals!
  • I was there a while ago and we stayed in a Riu resort is PuntaCana, this resort was a stay at one play at 5 and it was nice to be able to go to the different resorts each day. The only stipulation was that you had to eat supper and sleep at your 'home' resort. But all 5 were all inclusive.
    Anniversary
  • We've been there twice! We've stayed at P.Cana and Puerto Plata in all inclusive resorts.. We stayed at Bahia Principe and loved it.. We basically had our own private beach area, it was gorgeous... service was great and the food was okay (stay away from fresh produce/water, as it's still a deveolping country)...last time we stayed at Be Live Grand Carey and were a little less than impressed with the food/service/beach.. the beach was super tiny and it had public access, there were stray dogs running around and such.
    Just make sure to check reviews of the places before you go- they can vary greatly, but you'll have a GREAT time! :)

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI went to the Dominican a few years back and makes me jelous that I didnt know him yet when he went! It sounds awesome. If you are interested our travel agent told us its too bad we didnt wait to get our cruise now since prices are down because theres lots of cancellations after the ship in the mediteranian went down. (we are going on carnival for 6 days), but even having booked before its pretty affordable...the plane from seattle to miami is the most expensive part.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I went to P#nta Cana in the Dominican Republic and stayed at a Club Med. It was gorgeous!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are headed to Couple San Souci (spelling?) in May! I can't wait to get away and stop all the crazy wedding planning!

• For those of you that are going to DR for your honeymoon, where are you staying at??  If you don't mind me asking!

I'm leaning towards Majestic Colonial P. Cana. Anyone have any reviews on this place? Looks amazing!

Thanks Ladies!
    imageVisit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards