Snarky Brides

Whats up?

Whats everyone up to tonight? Im watching the royal wedding on tv since I missed it this morning and im nearly in tears its so beautiful, I keep telling adam to leave the room so he doesnt laugh at me tearing up over this. After this, were watching last nights community and office (had no power, so missed it) and I will probably bike for a little bit.

You?

Re: Whats up?

• I am still at work. I should be leaving shortly. I will most likely go home eat dinner and watch season 4 of Mad Men. I think Fi and his friends want to watch Fast Five tonight.
  • I was looking at some clips and videos today at work of the wedding and it was gorgeous. I also loved how William and Kate both were very somber because it really was a huge thing, not just the wedding but the politicalness and everything, but still would sneak glances at each other. Or when he said "you're beautiful" or stuff like that. They still observed the ceremony and had the formality of it all, but were still just two people in love under it all.

I'm just crocheting baby blankets and sitting off my food coma. My parents brought over steamed crab, shrimp, salad and cheesecake.Yum!
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4befcd5b-e7b9-4c7f-8eab-fd21f0171210Post:63037bbf-39de-4f85-944d-c8e17b2b094e">Re: Whats up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was looking at some clips and videos today at work of the wedding and it was gorgeous.<strong> I also loved how William and Kate both were very somber because it really was a huge thing, not just the wedding but the politicalness and everything, but still would sneak glances at each other. Or when he said "you're beautiful"</strong> or stuff like that. They still observed the ceremony and had the formality of it all, but were still just two people in love under it all. I'm just crocheting baby blankets and sitting off my food coma. My parents brought over steamed crab, shrimp, salad and cheesecake.Yum!
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]
    LOVED THIS!! i just love everything about them, theyre so down to earth. I nearly lost it when Harry turned to William and goes "wait until you see her" or something, and then when he did he told her that. uugh, so romantic!!  Have you seen pics of their wedding cake? OMG beautiful.
  • I just turned on the wedding.  I was listening to BBC World Service on my way in to work today and was crying in the car.

We're waiting on pizza to get here, I just informed H that we're not changing the channel tonight, he doesn't yet realize what that means.
  • Oooh I haven't seen pics of any reception stuff yet.

Yes! I loved the clip I saw where she's walking down the aisle, and Harry is watching her with this huge grin on his face and turns to Will and must have been like "dude, wait until you see her" (in formal British speak of course) and Will just kinda turns his head to sneak a peek.

And the dress on her moh...omg. I swear it's like someone just poured liquid satin/silk over her body it was so perfectly tailored (in the clips I saw at least)
  • NebbNebb member
    http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/04/29/let-the-royals-eat-cake-and-canapes/

The brits REALLY knwo how to do classy, its so beautiful and understated. I love how the women wear jackets and hats/fascinators.

I read somewhere that when Harry and William are in their uniforms, Harry ranks higher than William does, so he has to call his younger brother "sir"
  • Herro. I spent most of today cleaning the fvck out of the kitchen. Now, homemade pizza is in the oven, and I'm waiting for Brandon to get back from his run while I watch Tosh.0.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4befcd5b-e7b9-4c7f-8eab-fd21f0171210Post:63037bbf-39de-4f85-944d-c8e17b2b094e">Re: Whats up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was looking at some clips and videos today at work of the wedding and it was gorgeous. I also loved how William and Kate both were very somber because it really was a huge thing, not just the wedding but the politicalness and everything, but still would sneak glances at each other. Or when he said "you're beautiful" or stuff like that. They still observed the ceremony and had the formality of it all, <strong>but were still just two people in love under it all. I</strong>'m just crocheting baby blankets and sitting off my food coma. <em>My parents brought over steamed crab, shrimp, salad and cheesecake.</em>Yum!
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

<div>- Yes! Some people forget that the royal family are still people, and I just think it's wonderful to watch two people, royal or not, celebrate their love. [: </div><div>- YOUR PARENTS ARE SO WONDERFUL - that all sounds incredible</div>
  • NebbNebb member
    I LOVE homemade pizza!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4befcd5b-e7b9-4c7f-8eab-fd21f0171210Post:d7000a5d-f776-4aba-9050-89ff66b3ddec">Re: Whats up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE homemade pizza!!!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm all /preen-y today because I'm normally really lazy, but I got the kitchen, bathroom and closet spotless, made pizza dough from scratch, and went for my run early in the day. It's like I'm an adult or something.</div>
  • NebbNebb member
    Hahah ive done nothing substantial today but work, and even then I didnt work THAT hard. I really need to clean up the house, maybe tomorrow.
  • Now I'm watching it too :) Did NOT get up this morning to watch, and forgot to DVR. I can't get over how beautiful she is! I love how you can see how in love they are.

Tonight, besides watching this, I will be cleaning my apartment, working out (groan), and cuddling my cat until my FI gets home.  Then we will watch an episode of An Idiot Abroad, because we have been stretching them out over a long period, so as not to run out too soon. Haha.  Tonight, I believe, is Peru. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Oh my goodness, that evening bridal gown is divine.  She is so elegant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Hey. I just got back from the grocery store and am sitting here contemplating what to make for dinner.

I hadn't seen Pippa's evening gown yet - that is BEAUTIFUL! Of course, both sisters are gorgeous in both of their dresses. :)
  • NebbNebb member
    God, theyre gorgeous!
  • We are at one of DHs friends house with all his friends from university. These nights inevitably make me feel old and tired because all they do is play drinking games and want to go out at midnight. I feel ancient and boring, because I am.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4befcd5b-e7b9-4c7f-8eab-fd21f0171210Post:70ae6434-c1f5-4219-b98d-e0a7e06c2b1e">Re: Whats up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are at one of DHs friends house with all his friends from university. These nights inevitably make me feel old and tired because all they do is play drinking games and want to go out at midnight. I feel ancient and boring, because I am.
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]
    Going out is overrated, im right there with you with ancient and boring. I feel that way atleast.
  • Hiya Nebb!

Oh man. I wasn't really into the Royal Wedding thing until I started watching it. Her dress, or dresses were just beautiful. The whole thing was just gorgeous.

And I definitely got a tear or two when he leaned over and told her how beautiful she looked. I just liked how even though it was obviously a big deal, they seemed so natural and laid back. I don't know how she kept her composure, I don't think I could have. It would have been overwhelming.

Anyway, I burned it up at the gym today. What a difference a good pair of sneakers makes! The I treated myself to some sushi.  : )
  • Yeah. I try to get 'into' it but it really isn't my style. I love my DH though so I come. It is the only downside to having a husband who is so much younger than me.
  • I studied most of the day. And by that, I mean bullshitted around on the internet and occasionally studied. We just got done watching Black Swan for the first time. Amazing.
  • Number, what is the age difference between you and your H?
  • Those evening gowns are just stunning. And that cake was beauuuutiful :)

I wasn't at all into the wedding before it happened either. I think it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that she's now royalty, because we don't really have royalty here. It would be pretty awesome to go to a wedding as Miss and walk away as Her Royal Highness Duchess of Cambridge (was that close?) But now I'm having fun looking at all of the pictures and video clips.
  • NebbNebb member
    she actually was given three titles, i dont remember what. its all so old fashioned being given titles by the queen!!

tonight @ the gym i got a really bad pain in the front of my upper tigh, so bad i couldnt lunge or squat, i dunno what it is but i suspect where muscle connects to bone?? hasnt hurt until right that moment either which is so weird  
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I don't think we're doing anything tonight. FI is napping right now and I have to workout later. We might watch a movie. We are ancient and boring too, or at least it feels like it!

I think I actually prefer Kate's evening gown over her wedding dress. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4befcd5b-e7b9-4c7f-8eab-fd21f0171210Post:26e13bed-62c4-4028-8d26-6f7c9d337729">Re: Whats up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Number, what is the age difference between you and your H?
    Posted by azdancer8[/QUOTE]

He is 6 years younger. And two months.
  • I think I need new running shoes.  My foot hurts so much after running today. 
  • Was her evening dress just a part of the wedding dress? Like one of those conversion dresses? The whole top of it looks exactly the same, as if they just removed layers of the skirting, the lace top and added the bling to the waist.

• Oh here's a funny story.

My dad works for the same school system as me, for the school that is about 5 miles away and our sister school. People don't connect us because we are very different personality wise (while at work) and have different last names. So today one of our teachers starts going off about how "the guy at the high school was so unhelpful" and getting ready to go into a full rant about my dad when my boss cut her off. It's so much fun watching someone stick their foot in their mouth.

Oh, and H is now 3 weeks without tobacco :) I could not sing the e-cig more praises right now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4befcd5b-e7b9-4c7f-8eab-fd21f0171210Post:6ab3caa0-d336-4292-a635-ed4247b0f8da">Re: Whats up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Was her evening dress just a part of the wedding dress? Like one of those conversion dresses? The whole top of it looks exactly the same, as if they just removed layers of the skirting, the lace top and added the bling to the waist.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Either way they are both gorgeous.
    Photobucket
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4befcd5b-e7b9-4c7f-8eab-fd21f0171210Post:6ab3caa0-d336-4292-a635-ed4247b0f8da">Re: Whats up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Was her evening dress just a part of the wedding dress? Like one of those conversion dresses? The whole top of it looks exactly the same, as if they just removed layers of the skirting, the lace top and added the bling to the waist.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, you might be right LTZ. It totally looks like it could be the same dress, just the bottom layer. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards