New York-Long Island

Bourne Mansion Food

Hello!  My fiancee and I are *this close* to booking the Bourne Mansion for our November 2011 wedding, but I'm nervous about the food.  Does anyone have any experience with Lessings, specifically at the Bourne, that they could share?

Thank you!

Re: Bourne Mansion Food

• edited December 2011
    I've never been to their weddings, but have always heard rave reviews. Everyone loves their food.
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    eh-not a fan. i've been to 2 weddigns there and it was ok-nothign special, but not bad either. no idea about the whole 'lessings' thing-this was just for the food i've eaten at bourne.

• edited December 2011
    I had a dinner there in April 2009 and people raved about the food. Lessings was the caterer and Ben gave us pretty much anything we wanted. Be pushy with them if you think you want a better price...doesnt hurt to ask! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info.  We've seen several other mansions where we liked the menus a bit more, but the Bourne has been willing to customize several things for us, and the ballroom can't be beat.  Just going back and forth with the sales director on the contract, but should have a date set by the end of the week!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!! Newly engaged and just got quoted a pretty expensive price for the Bourne Mansion? Does anyone mind telling me how much they paid or will pay per head so I know if they are negotiable or if I shouldn't waste mt time! They told me 179/head with 5000 site fee!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards