Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Maui Resort Recs Please!

FI and I are now considering Maui for our honeymoon (it looks gorgeous!).  Anyone have any recs on resorts, hotels, villas in Maui??  We're looking for a resort with an ocean view or ocean front room, beautiful beaches (snorkeling), activities (tennis, golf), more adult-only, and a spa!

I've come accross these two:
Kaplua Villas
and
Kauai Beach Resort

Ty in advance!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maui Resort Recs Please!

• Options

A girl on my local board just got back from staying at the Kapalua Villas and had great things to say about it.  We stayed at the Ritz in Kapalua and we loved it. 

It seems like the other one is for the island of Kauai, not Maui??

• Options
    Your are right about that one being on Kauai!! Wow, is it Monday or what lol.  We're just interested in Maui ;o)

Glad to hear the villas got a thumbs up!! thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    One of our wedding guests stayed at the Kapalua Villas - they're nice (from what I saw of them when I was dropping off OOT bags). The great thing about the Kapalua area is it's out of the way of the majorly touristy Ka'anapali, but it's got lots of restaurants and other fun stuff in the area. Kapalua beach is great for beginner snorkellers, and Honolua Bay just north of Kapalua has some AMAZING snorkeling too.
  • Options
    My sis and I went to Hawaii this summer and we stayted in Kan'anapali at the Ka'anapali beach hotel. it was nice and affordable, but not very fancy, if you are loking for that. but the staff was super nice and i would stay there again.
    we went to the Makena Beach and Golf Resort one morning to get on a snorkeling trip and fell in love with that place!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I leave for my HM to Maui on the 27th and we are staying at The Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. The reviews are pretty good online. I will post a review on here when I get back around October 5-ish.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    We have stayed at the Grand Wailea, it's gorgeous, shares a beach with the Four Seasons.  It can be over run with kids, it has awesome waterslides and pools which attract the families.  We were there in Feb. and had the pools to ourselves, saw maybe 6 kids the whole week.  Anyway I loved the hotel, one of my fave resorts of all time!  It's got a great spa too!  Makes some of the top 10 in the world spa lists, we had an amazing couples massage there.  You could always stay at the Four Seasons too and hit up the Spa at the Grand. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What about the Hani Maui?  We are staying on the Secret Beach Hideaway on Kauai.  
    www.mromag1.weebly.com
  • Options
    I just came back from Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa.  It has everything you listed (there is a golf course across the street).  The snorkeling on their beach at Black rock was awesome. We were swimming with turtles and they even swam along the shallow part of the water.  The hotel is on Ka'anapali beach which has a walkway that connects you to other hotels/condos and Whaler's Village, a nice outdoor mall with an ABC souvenir/convenience store.  The Sheraton also provides a free (included in their resort fee) shuttle to Lahaina all day.  They also have an Enterprise on premises that we used to reserve a car for road to Hana and the Haleakala sunrise.

Ka'anapali Beach Hotel is more Hawaiian and probably much cheaper than Sheraton and in the same area and closer to Whaler's Village Mall. If you stay in the Ka'anapali Beach area I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Sunday Champagne Brunch Buffet at Ka'anapali Beach Hotel.  We've done buffets in Vegas and elsewhere and DH and I thought this was the best ever.  The live music is very nice also. Well worth checking out. Reservations are recommended. 

I bought the Maui Revealed book and Top Maui Restaurants 2010 book and found them very helpful.

GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
     Fiand I are staying at the Grand Wailea Resort. I have been before, and I can not wait to go again!! It is amazing and there is lots to do at the resort. I highly recommend it
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards