Wedding Party

What should I do?

I am having some issues with one of my bridesmaids.  I went with my bridesmaids back in March to select their dresses.  They decided on a dress that worked well for all of them, but it was a little more expensive than I would have paid if I was in their shoes.  I told them that we could keep looking to find a cheaper dress, but they wanted to keep that dress and they said that the price wasn't a problem.  Now, it takes 3 months for the dress to come in and because it was on the more expensive side, I talked to my mom about her doing all of the alterations for them for free and she agreed, but she would need some time to complete the alterations.  So my bridesmaids agreed on a May 31st deadline, two months after they selected the dress.  
    I kept an eye on the dress at the store and it went on sale, for $40 cheaper in April, and I passed that info along in hopes that they could get the dress cheaper and to just remind them about the dress.  One of my bridesmaids purchased the dress for the sale price, but this other one did not.  I did not worry about this, because the agreed deadline had not yet come.  So one week before the deadline, I checked with my bridesmaid and she assured me that it wouldn't be a problem.  So the day after May 31st, I checked to make sure she didn't have any issues getting the dress, because one of my other girls had a problem, and she told me that she had an accident and had to pay for that so she was not able to get the dress.  I understand that, so I asked her if she would be able to get it on June 15th and she said absolutely. 
    I then checked with her on June 16th, again to see if she was able to get the dress and if she had any problems.  She told me that she had been calling the place and they wouldn't answer and that her work had taken her paycheck out of her bank account.  That sounds strange to me, but who am I to say it's not the truth?  She is now assuring me that she will get the dress by the 29th of June, but I am not so sure.  
  As of right now, if she does get the dress by the 29th she will get it in October, if nothing happens in the dress ordering process through the warehouse, and the wedding is in November.  
   I am not able to help pay for the dress, so my way of helping was to have all of their alterations and pressing taken care of to help them save money.  I gave her plenty of time to save up for the dress, and I even offered for them to get a cheaper dress, but she insisted that it was fine.  It is just concerning that at each deadline (set by her) she comes up with some excuse. 
My other bridesmaids say that it is rediculous, and they say I should replace her.  She is a really good friend and my little sister in my sorority.

What should I do if she comes up with yet another excuse as to why she can't get the dress?

Re: What should I do?

• Leave it alone.  Even if she never gets the dress, don't replace her.  That's a nasty thing to do to this girl, and a slap in the face to anyone you would ask to be second string.  If this girl drops out, you run with two BMs.  

Also, it is none of your other BMs business when this girl gets her dress.  Sharing that information with them is just starting drama.  Stop it.  

If the girl in question gets the dress by the wedding day, she's in the wedding.  That may mean she has to buy it from a different store or second hand off ebay, that she has to pay rush fees, or that she has to arrange for her own alterations.  All of that is her problem, not yours.  

For now, stop worrying about it.  In October, follow up and find out if she got the dress or not.  If she didn't, cancel her bouquet and let her know she's stil welcome as a guest. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards