New York-Upstate

Any input on The Lodge in Skaneateles?

Has anyone had their reception or are planning their reception at The Lodge in skaneateles?  It is one of the venues we are considering and I would love to hear any feedback. 

Thanks,
Lisa

Re: Any input on The Lodge in Skaneateles?

• edited December 2011
    One of my best friends got married there and it was awesome! It was beautiful in there...a great set up. She did the stations too which were awesome!!!!!!!!! Food was great!
  • Bennyswoman4Bennyswoman4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard it was really nice there- even though I'm not having my reception there...I've seen pictures and it looks really gorgeous!!
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at it....and loved it, but I felt bad making people drive all the way out there. If you don't mind the drive...then go for it!
  • 3Morgan163Morgan16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked there for three years (I left a year ago because I moved) as a waitress. I can tell you from that side that it's a VERY well-run and professional place, where they really care about your day and making everything run smoothly. The people you'd be working with are amazing (Paula, the day-of coordinator, is the best!), and you definitely don't have to worry about those restaurant horror stories with things dropped on the floor or lack of gloves-the kitchen is pristine and there is no tolerance for anything not to code. The decor is also lovely; even after three years I still admired it's beauty and there is plenty of room for each bride and groom to make the space their own. I hope you consider it!
  • lisainthecuselisainthecuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the feedback.  I left a message a couple of weeks ago and emailed and still haven't heard back.  In the meantime we looked at a few different reception sites and decided on the Cavalry Club in Manlius.  We loved Esperanza Mansion but they didn't have the dates we were looking at.  
  • edited December 2011

I thought the Lodge was pretty from the pictures. I had the same experience...no one returns phone calls! So, i didn't pursue. Good luck! Seems gorgeous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards