New Jersey

When to book the makeup artist?

When did all you ladies who had or are having a makeup artist - book them?  I have a year and a couple months to go and I have the venue, photographer, videographer, etc. all set but as for the "little things" like makeup - when should I do that?

Re: When to book the makeup artist?

• I ended up booking a year in advance for our Oct '12 wedding.  You will find that the awesome hair/makeup gals book up fast so you might want to look around soon.  I had a hair/makeup trial last oct to make sure we had the same style.  I plan to do another trial in the next month to try a something a little different.

I'm working with Donna from Amazing Face and Luscious Locks. 
    http://www.amazingfacenj.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I booked my makeup almost a year in advance.  You might as well book it once you find the right person to ensure that you get them.  I used Jillyan Scarpa the owner of Skin and Paint Bar.  If your looking for someone for hair I highly recommend Mandy Liento the owner of La Sorrella Bridal.  Both do fantastic work!!  Good luck! :)
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    You should start now; that way you can check it off the list. I went to two different, highly recommended MUAs and just wasn't a fan, went to two more before I finally found someone I liked. It was unplanned to try so many, but I had time because I started early. Finally booked Amy Jones and highly recommend. She is Amymojones@gmail.com.
  • Thanks ladies!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards