Snarky Brides

Head tables are so cheesy

2»

Re: Head tables are so cheesy

• We are having a sweetheart table, because I don't want anyone's spouses/bf/gf not to be able to sit with them. Especially since some of them won't know anyone else at the wedding.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, it seems as though yes/no is equally divided.  I thought the word "cheesy" was appropriate because I just picture the wedding party being raised up and a corny long buffet table and all the tables having white paper table cloths on them.  I don't know why, but I do.  I have actually never been to a wedding that had a head table...can you believe it?  Maybe that's why I think they're so cheesy--I haven't ever actually seen one in real life! Don't know, but thanks for voting.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_head-tables-cheesy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:200a9533-95ce-4c58-b689-e02804358d7bPost:2c89fa5b-b72f-4ad5-b90d-91d95e7dec9c">Re: Head tables are so cheesy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, it seems as though yes/no is equally divided.  I thought the word "cheesy" was appropriate because I just picture the wedding party being raised up and a corny long buffet table and all the tables having white paper table cloths on them.  I don't know why, but I do.  I have actually never been to a wedding that had a head table...can you believe it?  Maybe that's why I think they're so cheesy--I haven't ever actually seen one in real life! Don't know, but thanks for voting.
    Posted by sophistryliz[/QUOTE]

So, you've never seen a head table IRL, and aren't having one at your wedding, AND have a cartoonish perception of what they are actually like. What was the point of this thread then? Did you just want to offend and piss people off? Did someone offend you with a head table in your childhood?

I think a lot of things at weddings are cheesy, but I'm not going to start a thread saying something sucks when I've never even seen it IRL.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • I don't think they're cheesy, they're just not my style.  I always wanted to do a sweetheart table and put the WP at one table with their guest/date; since we have a relative small, I'd say normal sized (3 and 3), WP, it won't be an issue at all.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm dreading a head table situation this summer...my FI is in a wedding and I don't know a single person that will attend with the exception of my FI, although I will have met one groomsman and the bride and groom by then...still all members of the WP. I know FI doesn't want to go solo, but I am not at all excited to go. I'm not an introvert, but I don't like the thought of dinner and small talk with complete strangers either.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MarilynorMarilynor member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    I totally agree with you! They are there to celebrate with us but mostly to see us! lol
    Just being humorous..My wedding is next month and I am having a head table for my WP. I think it's pretty cool to have all the WP participants sit together to do some small talk and relax after all the comotion.They won't have to sit at the HT through out the whole reception.I'm sure eveybody will be all over the place.:)
  • I am not going to have a head table at my wedding.  I want to keep my WP and their husbands/wives together.  The WP dates don't know each other and they don't know anyone else that is going to be at the wedding besides the WP.  I think it would be rude to seperate them.  They are spending a lot of money to fly to my wedding and I want them to have a good time.

I just went to a destination wedding where my FI was the best man.  The only people at the wedding that I knew were the WP.  Not only did they sit me away from my FI, they put me as far away from him as possible.  I was pissed to say the least.  If it wasn't for the fact that I was a 45 min cab ride from my hotel I would have left.  The groom is in my WP and I am planning the wedding to accomdiate his new wife.  I have rented a large limo bus so that the dates of the WP won't be left behind.  Because my FI was the best man at the wedding I had talked to the bride alot as both of us planned our weddings.  She knew that I was going through all the trouble of keeping her with her husband but yet she sat me away from mine.  Even if she had have put me at a table close to my FI it wouldn't have been bad.  The reception was small (25 people) and at a resturant.

They are doing another reception back at home and if it is the same bullshit that I have to sit with strangers away from my FI,  I refuse to go. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards