Wedding Party
Options

Theknot Post Secret

I don't know how many of you board hop, but Arbolita over on E started this a couple of days ago.  It's a spinoff of www.postsecret.blogspot.com, where people mail anonomyous postcards with their secrets on them.  Take a gander at it, if you are bored. 

If you want to post, there are directions on the site.  The rules are that you can't use photos from other poster's bios/FB/myspace, etc. and that discussions here can be about the secrets themselves, but no guessing who may have posted them.

I'm at home today, so I'm going to go take care of Taryn, but I'll be around.

ETA:  I guess the website would help. 

http://theknotpostsecret.tumblr.com/

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Theknot Post Secret

• Options
    I was just looking at it this morning - it's really interesting. Although some of the secrets are really heartbreaking. I guess you never know what someone is carrying around with them.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    I love that site, and the concept.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

I actually submitted one (Saw the post on E a couple days ago) ... still waiting to see if it posted.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I saw that on E yesterday and have it (and the Nestie one) bookmarked. I love postsecret!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I saw it and became obsessed with it. But some of the secrets, especially the ones about marriage problems, do make me sad.
  • Options
    Em, if mine gets posted, I won't say anything else other than: much to the dismay of the beebees, mine's not about my marriage failing, lol.

Those posts actually do make me incredibly sad ... I mean, I know it happens, but I just really couldn't imagine how hard it would be to feel trapped or like I made a huge mistake.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    The unhappy marriage ones make me sad, too.  As well as the ones about having affairs.

I can't keep a secret for twenty minutes from FI.  I can't even imagine keeping something like that from him.  I think it would rip me apart.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_theknot-post-secret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:89f340ce-4265-4f86-9452-2b5b5ff0f41aPost:d04d470b-be7e-4ebc-b879-cb85b1f21fc4">Re: Theknot Post Secret</a>:
    [QUOTE]Em, if mine gets posted, I won't say anything else other than: much to the dismay of the beebees, mine's not about my marriage failing, lol. Those posts actually do make me incredibly sad ... I mean, I know it happens, but I just really couldn't imagine how hard it would be to feel trapped or like I made a huge mistake.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

What makes it even sadder to me is that presumably most of these people haven't been married that long if they're still on TK. It's one thing to grow apart over several years, but to feel that unhappy after just a year or two? Scary.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_theknot-post-secret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:89f340ce-4265-4f86-9452-2b5b5ff0f41aPost:9f33af20-c961-44c9-902a-b6cb3aa019a4">Re: Theknot Post Secret</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theknot Post Secret : What makes it even sadder to me is that presumably most of these people haven't been married that long if they're still on TK. It's one thing to grow apart over several years, but to feel that unhappy after just a year or two? Scary.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

I know ... I mean, I could be very wrong, but for the most part, it seems like most people hear haven't been married for more than 2 or 3 years. I really just can't fathom that after only that long you're already missing your ex or feeling like you made a mistake, or you already want to sleep with a co-worker. I genuinely feel bad for those people.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_theknot-post-secret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:89f340ce-4265-4f86-9452-2b5b5ff0f41aPost:9f33af20-c961-44c9-902a-b6cb3aa019a4">Re: Theknot Post Secret</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Theknot Post Secret : What makes it even sadder to me is that presumably most of these people haven't been married that long if they're still on TK. It's one thing to grow apart over several years, but to feel that unhappy after just a year or two? Scary.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

That is why I left my ex before ever even getting engaged.  It was tough because I knew it would hurt most everyone around me, but for myself, it was the best thing to do.  I did not know if I would say NO to marrying him after 6 years together, or just go on and marry but know I would be unhappy and likely divorce after a few years. So, i decided to get out while I could and it was the best decision.  I feel bad for people who do not have the courage to walk away from things.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    I kind of wonder if some of those were situations where they had doubts or still had feelings when they were dating their now-husband, but thought they could handle it, that it would go away or just rushed through and realized it later on.  I mean, I'm sure that wouldn't be the sole reason of those posts, but I wonder if some are lingering issues from before marriage.

Overall, I think so many of the secrets are so sad.

Meg, if yours gets posted I can see you getting excited and telling all of us.
  • Options
    megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_theknot-post-secret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:89f340ce-4265-4f86-9452-2b5b5ff0f41aPost:fbd5c635-f7bf-4b85-a32a-8bb44b3c3da9">Re: Theknot Post Secret</a>:
    [QUOTE] Meg, if yours gets posted I can see you getting excited and telling all of us.
    Posted by gottahavashorti[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, you'd like that wouldn't you? I know, I know, everybody's just itching to see what I'd actually keep a secret since I'm pretty open here, lol.

ETA: DH already knows what it is ... I'm not sure if that means it doesn't count. But he definitely knows what it is.

• Options
    CA2, I walked away from a 6 year relationship too, a year before I met FI. It was hard on me, and on his daughter, but I knew we would never get married. He was a leech, financially and emotionally, and I always wanted to be needed. A dear friend who I hadn't seen in years finally opened my eyes, and now I know that being needed does not = being loved or being fulfilled.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Sarah - I left a 7 yr relationship right before I met my FI...similar situation. He was a commitmentphobe and we were NOT on the same page with some major issues and it took me awhile to see the light...but so glad I finally did.

Very sad, but on my Month board there's a girl whose FI just told her he didn't want to sign the marriage license on their wedding day and now she's trying to figure out cancelling all the wedding stuff or what to do...I guess it's not the first time he's told her he didn't believe in marriage but she didn't believe it before. Of course only the 2 people in the rel. know the whole story but it's just sad to me to think you get to the point where this whole wedding is planned - and your FI watched you plan it - and then tells you 3 wks before that it's pretty much going to be a big sham.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    Holy Mackerel.

1. I love this post secret. I don't think I have any secrets.
    2. That story about the FI not wanting to sign the marriage license? Eesh. I feel like, how do you not know that? Sigh. So devestating.
  • Options
    Wow. I just read through the 12 pages that are up now. I can't believe how many knotties have serious marriage problems already. And what is offboard? Does that just mean any board other than E?
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    An off board is when you have a private board on another forum (like forum motion or whatever) that you set up and invite other knotties to.  There are tons of them.  

I'm also shocked by all the marriage problems.  I just heard that a girl on my local that got married just before we did is already divorced.  It's so sad!  They couldn't have been married a whole year.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards