Massachusetts-Boston

Tonight - Lakeview Pavillion Tasting

Hi - Just wondering if anyone knew what time the tasting is tonight at Lakeview... can't find my invite!

Thank you!!!

Re: Tonight - Lakeview Pavillion Tasting

• edited December 2011
    LOL I was just looking for my invite too!
    It's from 7-9 :o)
    I can't wait!
  • edited December 2011
    Sooooo.... what'd you think of it?!
  • amylee4835amylee4835 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not what I excepted, that's for sure.  I'll admit i was mad that they made you pay $40 a person to go, but I felt like it worth it.  I got some good ideas.  What about you?
  • edited December 2011
    I think it was worth $40. You got to taste any and all the dishes that were there! I was scared that they would only give you like one bite of each food-- but it looked like normal portion sizes that they'd be serving...
    It was definitely overwhelming-- the place looked AMAZING but then again, it's ALL an upgrade. It's like shoving a puppy in your face and telling you that you can't have him lol.
    I loved the uplighting they had... and the photobooth was a cute idea!
    Some of the linens and centerpieces they had there I was like "wow, WHO would want that?!"
    Are you doing the gold package? Are you going with their standard things or will you be upgrading some centerpeices and linens etc?
    Have you done your invitations meeting yet?
  • amylee4835amylee4835 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing the Silver package because i have a relative who is a florist so i didn't think it would be worth it for me to pick that one.. although it would have been a lot easier!! 
    Ya - it was nice to see EVERYTHING they can do with the place, but a little aggrevating knowing that it will all cost extra!  I called about the lighting and they said between 1,000 and 1,500 for the night... not terrible, but kind of a lot for lights....
    I was a little overwhelmed by all the different table set-ups.  It was nice to see, but trying to picture it different ways... like maybe the upgraded linens with out the charges and the napkin rings and the high flowers, it was just hard for me to picture.
    I have a feeling i will be suckered into some upgrades, I will just have to try to figure out what will make the most difference...

What are you leaning towards? 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing the gold. I did the numbers and it really wasn't that much more for what we were getting. It actually would have cost more if we did the silver and done everything else ourselves. So hopefully it'll be worth it in the end. It seems a lot of money right now!
    I liked the lighting too-- good to know about those prices. Thanks for sharing.
    I think we're going to do the basic centerpieces that come with the package (I like the smaller ones anyway. Anything taller and it'd be hard to talk to others across your table ya know?) And then we did like just the simple gold chairs and the white table cloths, but I would like to see their other linen colors...

I have an invitations meeting this month, so we'll see what their selections are for that. I can't wait to start actually picking things out.
    I def. gutta make an appointment to meet the florist soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards