Wedding Etiquette Forum

Why is everyone cranky today?

I just got here and am still catching up on the day, but I've noticed a lot of unnecessary hostility today towards newbies.  Why? Seasonal affective disorder? Hump day? A rash of nasty coworkers? Feel free to complain here or lash out at me if it would help.

Anway I'm in a good mood.  I finally worked today, so even though I wasn't here to chat all day at least I made some moneys!

I hope everyone's day gets better. 
Leo says hi. He's...special.
Married
Planning

Re: Why is everyone cranky today?

• I haven't noticed any newbs.  I've only opened threads of those that interested me.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • This work week is dragging by.  And I'm exhausted.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I'm getting cranky as all get out but I don't think I've taken it out on anyone on the board.  I'm just sitting at my desk stewing.
  • I am having a good day too, 2 more days till the weekend and meeting my mom and sis in NYC for a girls weekend woo hoo.

Anyway, I am not really new, I "lurk" on all the boards a lot (engaged for 18 months now) but usually just dont have much to ask. I have noticed that people were hostile a little and although I am not overly sensitive, I can see how someone who is sensitive might not want to post an honest to gosh question for some advice and miss out on this board's wisdom.  I posted today, got jumped all over, dont really care, thought it was funny and made my hour go by faster.

But how come everyone is hostile?  I know this is wicked cheesy and planning is stressful, but this is supposed to be the best time of your life!

• edited January 2010

Why do think I started the Things That Make You Smile post? Trying to turn it around in here... but FWIW, I don't think I've been cranky or hostile. Just stating my opinion.

• Hmm...I think the only person we were unnecessarily harsh on was the poster asking about fixed rate vs. consumption bars with the big wedding party. Everyone else we were pretty nice to, or they got what was coming to them IMO.

Although I guess we were kind of hard on the pinklady too. But she kind of set herself up for it.
  • Well when ladies hang out with each other enough they're cycles get in sync. Maybe we're all synced up because I know that's MY problem today.
    Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED
  • I have a nearly 6 lb baby in my uterus who keeps kicking my bladder, and I'm being nice to the newbs damnit. If I can do it, anyone can.

I am cranky though.
  • I didn't think I was being harsh as I assume you're referring to me.  I just find it mind boggling that people have giant bridal parties.  It does not compute for me, so I inquired.  The OP took it well and even said some sassy things back, so I didn't see it as particularly notable.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everyone-cranky-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd047c31-302b-48c5-b102-8e152f235943Post:8e74a2e7-da6f-4555-ab2b-3eb539d64aa4">Re: Why is everyone cranky today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't noticed any newbs.  I've only opened threads of those that interested me.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

This'd be me too. But I am kinda grumpy today. It's been crazy busy and I'm freaking freezing; which makes me kind of short.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everyone-cranky-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd047c31-302b-48c5-b102-8e152f235943Post:54e29ccb-70b9-457a-a980-12faa419ee6b">Re: Why is everyone cranky today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having a good day too, 2 more days till the weekend and meeting my mom and sis in NYC for a girls weekend woo hoo. Anyway, I am not really new, I "lurk" on all the boards a lot (engaged for 18 months now) but usually just dont have much to ask. I have noticed that people were hostile a little and although I am not overly sensitive, I can see how someone who is sensitive might not want to post an honest to gosh question for some advice and miss out on this board's wisdom.  I posted today, got jumped all over, dont really care, thought it was funny and made my hour go by faster. But how come everyone is hostile?  I know this is wicked cheesy and planning is stressful, but <strong>this is supposed to be the best time of your life!</strong>
    Posted by lmw4253@gmail.co[/QUOTE]

Am I supposed to just float around on a cloud of kittens for the whole sixteen months I'm engaged?  Because that's unrealistic.

Also, I don't plan to peak in life at my wedding.  Will it be a great day?  Probably.  But I'm hoping that I'll continue to have other awesome things happen in my life, and that it won't tragically go downhill once my wedding band is on.

Annnnd I get hostile when people are stupid, in general.  So there's that.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LP! I can't believe you're so close! Am I ever going to see you again after he's born? How long are you taking off work? Is Pete staying home with him after that? I couldnt' remember. How long do I have to wait to visit you guys after he's born so I don't give him cooties or whatever?

I know nothing about babies, clearly. I hope he likes curious monkeys though!

And yeah I noticed the crankiness with pink chick, the RD bar tab, and Scottish head table issue.  I'm still reading earlier stuff though. 
    Married
    Planning
  • Ha brie I wasn't talking about you, but that was one hell of a response :)  I just meant in general. 

And yes, you are supposed to float around on a cloud of kittens.  Did your kittens bail on you?
    Married
    Planning
  • Nah, I don't think I've been too bad to any newbies today.  And I'm only moderately cranky.

My kitten cloud bailed on me about a year ago.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Actually I do float around on clouds cause my FI is that awesome and my wedding is that platinum!! NO, NOT REALLY.

I meant up until this point, not the rest of your life. This is supposed to be fun, at least it is for me. I have not h ad problems with FMIL, my own parents, guests lists or any of that so maybe thats why I am  biased. All I am saying is that you are engaged and planning once, so enjoy it.

• I'm cranky due to being cigarette-free and also low-calorie snack free.  I've just been lurking mostly because of it.
  • low calorie...so far today I have had so little calories I can not believe I am able to type. I am so sick of this darn diet. WW 0 point soup everyday, celery and carrots, fruit..blah!

• Where is said kitten cloud to be found? I wasn't issued that upon engagement. I missed all the "cranky" posts earlier, but just caught up on them. I think they were all fair. I'm considered a newb on here, although I have been kinda lurking for a while. I don't think anyone is every outwardly hostile unless it is necessary and you open yourself up for that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everyone-cranky-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd047c31-302b-48c5-b102-8e152f235943Post:2a880a27-3bec-473b-969e-7d4528b0f9c6">Re: Why is everyone cranky today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dads chemo isnt working, so he's going to die and my husband is driving me crazy because he's being so optimistic about him not dying that it hurts me. but I dont think Ive been mean to anyone today? maybe I'm wrong?
    Posted by lilgina64[/QUOTE]

I'm really sorry, Gina. Have you talked to your husband about it?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everyone-cranky-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd047c31-302b-48c5-b102-8e152f235943Post:12506391-f65b-4702-80a8-541dc44e04b6">Re: Why is everyone cranky today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually I do float around on clouds cause my FI is that awesome and my wedding is that platinum!! NO, NOT REALLY. I meant up until this point, not the rest of your life. This is supposed to be fun, at least it is for me. I have not h ad problems with FMIL, my own parents, guests lists or any of that so maybe thats why I am  biased. All I am saying is that you are engaged and planning once, so enjoy it.
    Posted by lmw4253@gmail.co[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any major wedding planning issues and I generally am enjoying being engaged and planning.

But it's unrealistic to take every problem over the course of an engagement and solve it with, "Be happy, you're engaged, enjoy it!"  My stress sources aren't really WR at all.  I have a life outside planning, and sometimes it makes me crabby.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lilgina, I am so so sorry to read that.  My father is dying, too, although he is quite old and has been sick-ish for a long time, so it's a little different.  I am sorry for you and your family; there aren't any words of wisdom or comfort that I have for you, unfortunately.  Just that I'm sorry.
  • [QUOTE]This work week is dragging by.  And I'm exhausted.
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

This.  Exactly.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everyone-cranky-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd047c31-302b-48c5-b102-8e152f235943Post:0c9fc33a-7e09-4359-a38f-b2821d993b03">Re: Why is everyone cranky today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lilgina, I am so so sorry to read that.  My father is dying, too, although he is quite old and has been sick-ish for a long time, so it's a little different.  I am sorry for you and your family; there aren't any words of wisdom or comfort that I have for you, unfortunately.  Just that I'm sorry.
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

This is why I don't care when people are mean here sometimes.

Because people are alwasy kind when kindness is needed most.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_everyone-cranky-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd047c31-302b-48c5-b102-8e152f235943Post:2a880a27-3bec-473b-969e-7d4528b0f9c6">Re: Why is everyone cranky today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dads chemo isnt working, so he's going to die and my husband is driving me crazy because he's being so optimistic about him not dying that it hurts me. but I dont think Ive been mean to anyone today? maybe I'm wrong?

Feel free to be mean to me if it'll make you feel better.
  • Heh, are you channeling mandy with the 21 questions ;)?

Yes you will hopefully see me after he's born, providing I survive. I found out yesterday that he's measuring big, and my pelvis is "on the smaller side", so unless he wants to come at 37 or 38 weeks it could be "pretty rough". This is from my super cheerful always optimistic OB. FML.

I’m taking 12 weeks off starting at either my due date (03/03) or whenever I go into labor, then Pete is going to stay home with him.

I’m not really worried about cooties, we’ll probably wait for visitors until all the super traumatizing birth recovery stuff is done with though. Hopefully that’ll be sooner rather than later. On the bright side we’re making headway on the nursery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lainestl/sets/72157623100107067/detail/.

How the house coming along? I miss Leo, is he getting big now :(

• I slept from ten last night until 1:30 in the afternoon today, which is why I'm cranky as f*ck.  I get cranky when I sleep too much (and I get a headache).  I also get cranky when I sleep too little.  So basically, I spend most of my time walking around cranky.

Plusalso, it's seven degrees outside and I'm supposed to be going to the bank, buying stamps, and mailing some stuff.  But I will be damned if I'm going out in 7 degree weather.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

You haven't been cranky at all.  Have you talked to your husband about how sometimes you need him to let you say things out loud while he's being supportive but quiet?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Lilgina, I'm so sorry about your father.  *HUGS*

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Gina - I'm so sorry to hear that.  I feel terrible for you.  Does your H know he's making things worse for you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards