• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

i need a life

For reals. I'm a boring old hag.

Seeing as it's Monday and all, I have nothing better to do at work so I decided to explore the facebook year of 2009. 

I was awesome in 2009! I had thoughts, read books, was working on my art, had a social life.

I feel like I've slipped off the deep-end into the abyss of boringness.

I'm going to make a conscious effort to improve this tragic situation.

How's your Monday?

Re: i need a life

• I need a life too. Right now I just go to work and then come home and watch tv or sit on the computer. H has always been a real homebody while I was always running around to different activities and it's been tough finding a balance between wanting to do things and wanting to stay in with him. My work schedule sucks too, which doesn't help. It's always unpredictable week to week and the new week's schedule is only posted 2 days in advance.

I just went to David's Bridal to order a BM dress for my friend's wedding in September. It's a long, flowy, loose dress. It's pretty, but it is not a good look for a short, chubby girl like me.
  • Yeah. I really want to move back to the city. Our location is sucking out my soul. 

BM dresses suck. I'm so glad I let my girls pick their own.
  • Ugh, I need LESS of a life.  I totally overcommit myself between work commitments, my community theatre, my new running group and trying to see friends at some point I have to remind myself to take a night or two a week to just be home with DH.  And this does not include days where I end up staying at work so late that I don't even get home until after 8:30.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • I'm singing in my SIL's wedding at the end of the month. I went to school for music but am stuck in a retail job for now. I just started listening to the song she wants and trying to figure out how to make it work and practicing it. It's reminding me how much I enjoyed music outside of school (classes and juries really sucked the fun out of it) and how I need to do it for fun again.
  • Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited June 2012
    Dee, are you a music teacher? Do you teach piano? I may or may not know a very successful Grammy nominated person who might be looking for help at their music school....
  • In Response to Re: i need a life:
    [QUOTE]Dee, are you a music teacher? Do you teach piano? I may or may not know a very successful Grammy nominated person who might be looking for help at their music school....
    Posted by Queen Jane[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes.
  • Well. Should you decide a move to Houston sounds like fun, I can get you some info :)
  • I've been in creative mode for a few days recently.  I'm trying to figure out how to make a tuning fork spear for a steampunk pirate/castaway costume I wanna make just cause.  My main challenge is figuing out how to attach the tuning fork to the body of the spear (which will be made out of a plumbing parts).

Also started compiling story elements for what I decided to title "A Half-Assed Fantasy Story".  It includes places like Carlville, Greentown, The Great Empire of Steve, and Mount Really High; its justa fun little fantasy story which I have been kicking around for awhile, and have now decided to actually try and put it into words.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re: i need a life:
    [QUOTE]Well. Should you decide a move to Houston sounds like fun, I can get you some info :)
    Posted by Queen Jane[/QUOTE]

I would love to move to Houston. H, not so much... :P
  • Hello all. Hi Blu, glad you have been so creative lately. Having those creative juices flowing is so refreshing.

Dee, to bad your H wouldn't want to make the move. 

JoBell, You do sound busy. I have never been able to be that crazy. Gotta have that down time.

QJ, I've become a bump on the log since moving to Houston. It's due to only having a couple of good friends in town who are homebody's. But I don't have the stamina to be wild and crazy like I did when I lived in Austin.

I have been sitting around watching desperate housewives on Netflix. Love it! H started watching it with me and likes just as much. It's really funny and great how much he like it. I attempted to learn to crotchet but can not teach myself for the life of me how to turn to the next row. Next time I visit MIL I have to have her show me. 

Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards