Snarky Brides

Dinner and a movie

A little twist on the dinner and a question. Well I guess it's still a question, but whatevs.

What's for dinner?
What's a movie that you can watch over and over and never get tired of?

Tonight--tacos with homemade mexican rice and blackbeans. And I can watch Clueless endlessly and love it. Same with Coming to America and The Sandlot.

Go! (kinda p&r cuz I have to start cooking!)

Re: Dinner and a movie

• Tonight its just grilled chicken breast and a little bit of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.

And if you haven't tried SBR BBQ sauce, I HIGHLY recommend it.

For the movie - Forrest Gump.
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Dinner was chicken wings and beer.

Movie: The Breakfast Club.

PS. Community and 30 Rock are back tonight! Yay!
  • Tuna sandwich. Lol.

V For Vendetta.
  • edited September 2010
    What's for dinner? Chicken stir fry
    What's a movie that you can watch over and over and never get tired of? So many, Steel Magnolias, Color Purple, Where the Heart Is, Love Actually.....I could go on.

Under the Tuscan Sun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • H just ordered a shiitton of Chinese food, so I'm ready to chow down. But I'm having some serious TOM pains so I'm also sitting here feeling sorry for myself.

Movies: The NeverEnding Story, Dirty Dancing, Grease, pretty much any Disney movie.
  • Dinner- Chicken picata with oven roasted veggies with a side of brown rice.
    Movies- 500 Days of Summer, Juno, The Sandlot, Grandma's Boy I could go on and on.

• edited September 2010
    KD--great minds think alike

Dinner: Lemon Chicken Stir Fry and Fried Rice

Movie:  So many.  Teaching Film lets me watch my favs over and over.  But, for a while in college, my roommates and I would stop everything for Steel Magnolias.

ETA: Ha! I just saw that KD put Steel Magnolias together.  ::cue creepy music now::
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6387e91c-2079-4e62-a23d-bf025d785296Post:fe8b932b-e948-4c2c-92d1-a6c91ad93a7c">Re: Dinner and a movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]KD--great minds think alike Dinner: Lemon Chicken Stir Fry and Fried Rice Movie:  So many.  Teaching Film lets me watch my favs over and over.  But, for a while in college, my roommates and I would stop everything for Steel Magnolias. ETA: Ha! I just saw that KD put Steel Magnolias together.  ::cue creepy music now::
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

Mine was based on necessity, my DH does all the cooking so I buy the frozen stir fry, real easy.

Oh and I forgot "Fried Green Tomatoes"
  • Dinner is pasta with meat sauce from the cheesecake factory (i love leftovers)

some movies are; pineapple express, step brothers and I cant think of the rest.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh I LOVE The Color Purple! I'm adding that to my list too!
    I could really name a ton more, but my food awaits! =)
  • The Color Purple is one of the few movies that I actually loved more than the book.  And I LOVED the book.  I fought so hard to have it added to our curriculum, but it never passed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6387e91c-2079-4e62-a23d-bf025d785296Post:5552e51b-76ab-41a9-8885-72558acb5338">Re: Dinner and a movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Color Purple is one of the few movies that I actually loved more than the book.  And I LOVED the book.  I fought so hard to have it added to our curriculum, but it never passed.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

I've watched this movie a hundred times, and I still bawl like a baby, every time.
  • We had chickenn kievs from the freezer, my own personal recipe for baked steak fries, and A LOT OF ALCOMOHOL.

Movies include Love Actually, Almost Famous, the Big Lebowski, all of the movies that the Marx Brothers made, What's Eating Gilbert Grape... and a lot of others. We merged our DVD collection yesterday into one place and it turns out we have about 400.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6387e91c-2079-4e62-a23d-bf025d785296Post:474b413d-aa66-4fd0-bccd-30cdac147627">Re: Dinner and a movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had chickenn kievs from the freezer, my own personal recipe for baked steak fries, and A LOT OF ALCOMOHOL. Movies include Love Actually, Almost Famous, the Big Lebowski, all of the movies that the Marx Brothers made, What's Eating Gilbert Grape... and a lot of others. We merged our DVD collection yesterday into one place and it turns out we have about <strong>400</strong>.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

And I though my husband was bad. He has a lot of VHS tapes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6387e91c-2079-4e62-a23d-bf025d785296Post:b4844c93-f449-4fb6-a61f-fb0974f8d040">Re: Dinner and a movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dinner and a movie : And I though my husband was bad. He has a lot of VHS tapes.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I don't think of it as bad. I think of it as awesome. And we had only two duplicates, which is kind of amazing. And they were Jarhead and Saved... not sure what that says about us.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6387e91c-2079-4e62-a23d-bf025d785296Post:6fd6bfbf-6aa3-49d7-ae68-06b1610e3936">Re: Dinner and a movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dinner and a movie : I don't think of it as bad. I think of it as awesome. And we had only two duplicates, which is kind of amazing. And they were Jarhead and Saved... not sure what that says about us.

I didn't mean it that way. I actually have them in categories, and the VHS and categorized/alphabetized on a spreadsheet.

I do think it's amazing that out of all those you only had 2 duplicates. So I take it you're finally moved in?
  • People marvel at our (mainly his) dvd collection when they come over. The only thing he has more of are CDs--probably 1500 he guesses.

Tacos were excellent! I went old school and used the old el paso hard shells, but it was with grassfed organic ground sirloin and lovely spices. I think I outdid myself! =)
  • Dinner- weird rice and hamburger combo with some salsa (we had cooked rice and hamburger for a sick puppy... that's right, I had dog leftovers.)

Movies? Any Disney movie, Pretty Woman, Christmas Story, anything that's on TBS.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6387e91c-2079-4e62-a23d-bf025d785296Post:deff9ce6-0dff-442e-9e1a-d7a95dffa8cb">Re: Dinner and a movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dinner and a movie : I didn't mean it that way. I actually have them in categories, and the VHS and categorized/alphabetized on a spreadsheet. I do think it's amazing that out of all those you only had 2 duplicates. So I take it you're finally moved in?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Mostly! Almost all of the major furniture is where it belongs, and I only have maybe six or seven more boxes to unpack. We have to do something about the fact that all of our flat surfaces are currently covered with random possessions, but we'll get there.
    imageimage
  • OMGHOWCOULDIFORGET! High Fidelity! It's only like my most favorite movie evah!

oh and I LOVE A Christmas Story! It's my holiday tradition! =)
  • Cream cheese chicken enchiladas and steamed rice... and some Chips Ahoy!

There are so many movies, let's see: Also Clueless, Twister, Office Space, The Devil Wears Prada, Deja Vu, Hitch... I'm sure there are many more!
  • H abandoned me tonight (got home from work and he was at his moms, didn't get home until 9:30)  so I went out to dinner with my parents. Yummy Thai food for me. And I got to drive my mom's new SUV which was really fun :)

I could watch Moulin Rouge forever, Shrek 1 and 2
  • High Fidelity is quality. I like when he talks about the tops five things he misses about her, and he mentions how she rubs her feet together when she can't sleep.
    imageimage
  • oh... and dessert is now red wine and chocolate covered peanuts.
  • I made scrambled eggs and organic maple sausage, YUM. I needed that after my workout.

Movie.. hmm, thats difficult. Zombieland? I loved that movie..friggin hilarious
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6387e91c-2079-4e62-a23d-bf025d785296Post:cfa292ad-e49a-4e32-a77c-5d3cc10fc5e1">Re: Dinner and a movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dinner and a movie : Mostly! Almost all of the major furniture is where it belongs, and I only have maybe six or seven more boxes to unpack. We have to do something about the fact that all of our flat surfaces are currently covered with random possessions, but we'll get there.

Yeah I've been here 2 years now we're still dealing with me moving in. By the time I get it done we'l probably move.

Rho- Those tacos sound delish!
  • FI just got up and said, "I should play darts!" I'm not sure if this is a good idea.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6387e91c-2079-4e62-a23d-bf025d785296Post:e89683e2-9f8c-4f87-99af-852ba8a4663f">Re: Dinner and a movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]High Fidelity is quality. I like when he talks about the tops five things he misses about her, and he mentions how she rubs her feet together when she can't sleep.

That part is so incredibly sweet! "And she has the best laugh of all time, she laughs with her entire body"

I hate romantic comedies, but that's the one I love. That and The Truth About Cats and Dogs.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dinner-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6387e91c-2079-4e62-a23d-bf025d785296Post:94c396c5-65d8-46ac-a7ed-c0b6ab72b0ac">Re: Dinner and a movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dinner and a movie : That part is so incredibly sweet! "And she has the best laugh of all time, she laughs with her entire body" I hate romantic comedies, but that's the one I love. That and The Truth About Cats and Dogs.
    Posted by rhodesign[/QUOTE]

The thing is that a lot of romcoms are poorly written. But sometimes, they surprise you.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards