Michigan-Detroit
Options

My first DIY PIP =:)

Ok so I went out and bought mason jars and tea light today to see what my idea would actually look like. The plan is to get ribbon and string them up all through out the tents and around the yard

HAHA Got it:) Ignor the dirty plastic table cloth lol

image165 Invited
image9 are ready to party
image0 Aren't coming
image156 Can't find their mail box
RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
I will face heartache
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
Planning Bio/ Blog

Re: My first DIY PIP =:)

• Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it rocks, then filled with water with a floating tea light?  I think the whole idea sounds really pretty - I've loved the pics I've seen where people have done that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lovetruly06lovetruly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, we'll have a little less water in them though, since you can't really see the candle, and maybe a small flower or some flower petals. I picked up the rocks and tea lights at the dollars tree today came home and tired it out. It still needs to be tweaked but I like it.
    image165 Invited
    image9 are ready to party
    image0 Aren't coming
    image156 Can't find their mail box
    RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio/ Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Super cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Awesome! Those look like what I want to do except I'm going to try and find a sub to candles...we have a lot of neices and nephews who would just LOVE to play with those candles...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_first-diy-pip-im-hoping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:f545dfd2-ce0f-49dc-9b9e-92e1a182032aPost:7eade2ac-7a1e-4d36-a891-fdbda4c7f25c">Re: My first DIY PIP =:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome! Those look like what I want to do except I'm going to try and find a sub to candles...we have a lot of neices and nephews who would just LOVE to play with those candles...
    Posted by NBS308[/QUOTE]

The LED ones they have nowadays are actually very good. They flicker like real candles and last forever...however I don't think they'd work well as a floating candle!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards