Nevada-Las Vegas

What kind of room for day of?

This has been the biggest dilemma in our house tonight.

I have myself, 4 bridesmaids, mother of the bride, mother of the groom, 2 flower girls, and an aunt that are all getting hair and or make up done the day of. (God bless Harmony)

The groom and his party will be getting ready in a different room.

We still aren't sure where we are staying but have considered Flamingo or that general location. We aren't sure what kind of room to get; do we really need a mini suite? I want to be comfortable but I can't afford a pent house or anything.

So? What kind of room are you getting or did you get? Would a regular ol' hotel room be okay? Any advice would be great!
Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What kind of room for day of?

• that's a lot of people for one room - we're staying at the flamingo and staying in the mini go suite for the week, it has 2 sofas i believe - still all in one room but just extra space. It's not as pricy as a big multi room suite, so I'd do that for sure. Remember there are also going to be the hair and make up people so you're looking at 10 people :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A regular hotel room will not be enough room for all those people to get ready in. The Flamingo has a mini-suite that is reasonable and may work for you. I think if you tried to fit in a regular room you would get stressed out and it would get hot in the room.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hmm I wouldn't put 10 people in a regular hotel room. I have 6-7 people total, and have booked the Vista Suite and Mandalay Bay.  It's pretty reasonable for a 1,700sqft suite I think ($550/night).  Plus we will be doing the rehearsal dinner there too the night before so it's a good deal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are you all having the suites the whole time you are there or just for the day of? Is it possible to switch rooms like that?
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having the suite just Friday and Saturday night (rehearsal & wedding night suite).  I'm sure you can switch rooms, but I don't know how that's going to work out. Check in is at 3 and checkout is at 11. I'm doing both nights just to be convenient, so I don't have to move around on the wedding day.  Maybe you can request an early check in before getting ready?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are staying in a Go Mini Suite the night before (so I can have it from early morning on the day of to get ready) and the night of so we dont have to check out before the wedding... we are having an in-suite reception elsewhere, so will stay in that suite the night of... and now that we are having Bub who will be in tow.... Im thinking we will just stay in the Go Mini Suite the whole trip!
  • We booked a suite for the 4 nights we will be in Vegas.  I didn't want to deal with changing rooms.  We got a good deal thru Southwest's website Memorial Day weekend.  Essentially got us one night for free over regular price.  Plus I get the rapid rewards.
  • I was having this same problem, I'm glad you asked it! I was also thinking of getting the Go Mini in the Flamingo but was afraid it might not be enough room, you guys made me feel a little better about this plan. Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards