North Carolina

AW: Wedding Pictures

Hi ladies!  I finally uploaded the wedding pictures to facebook!  Friend me if you want to see them!

On a side note (and advice for some of you ladies), the reason it took me so long to upload them was because so many of them turned out badly.  I had a friend of mine be our photog, and I blame the snow for ruining our pictures.  Our photog was planning to practice taking pics in the church during the rehearsal, to get used to the lighting, etc.  But she wrecked her car on the way because there was so much snow (we ended up with about 7 inches).  So a lot of the pictures turned out blurry, and I seriously cried about the ruined pics for about a month.  So just as a warning to all you ladies planning to use a newish photog, make sure they get practice shots before the wedding day, preferably earlier than just the day of the rehearsal.  Thankfully, we had my uncle video tape the ceremony which turned out very nice.

Re: AW: Wedding Pictures

• edited December 2011

what was she using...an iPhone...it's nice of you to blame it on the snow....did you really...

• edited December 2011
    Hey Jessica,

Will you friend me on fb so I can see? I love looking at wedding pics. I am sorry to hear that some of them came out blurry :(  And the fact that her car wrecked, that is just bad luck. 

Thanks!
    -Jessie Guter
  • edited December 2011
    That's a real bummer about the photos :(  It's good you have a video though!

Stuff like this is why I decided to just spend the money on a professional.  My MOM was trying to say SHE would be the photographer for the wedding.  No freaking way!!!  Besides the fact she should just be my mom the day of how horrible would it be if the photos she took weren't good?  Thankfully my dad talked some sense into her before she got too angry about me hiring someone instead.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, we couldn't afford a professional.  We went over budget as it was because the budget was so small.

My mom wanted to be the day of coordinator.  I said ummm, no.  Lol
  • edited December 2011
    Well I think they are just beautiful. You did the best you could with the situation you were given (7 inches of snow in December, in NC, I mean when does THAT happen!?), y'all are happily married, gotta stay focused on the positives. Smile
  • edited December 2011
    jess, i saw some of them on fb and i thought they were gorgeous. i didn't get to see them all yet but saw you posted more.

i still think you have awesome honeymoon pics as well!!! you guys are so darn cute!

i agree with katherine, stay focused on the positive. ya'll will have so many more pics to come too!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards