Wedding Etiquette Forum

What bridesmaids pay for?

I booked a hair and makeup artist who charges a set amount per woman. Am I supposed to ask my bridesmaids if they want to get their hair and makeup done but then who pays for it? Them or me?

Re: What bridesmaids pay for?

• If they have the option of getting their hair and make up professionally done or not done, they pay.  If you're requiring it you pay for it.

• If it's an option, they pay. If it's something you expect, you pay.  

To keep the line clear, I'd send a message saying like "X will be doing my hair and make up the day of the wedding. If anyone else thinks they want their hair/makeup done, let me know by X date and I'll send over a price list"
  • I did what PP stated. two of the four girls are using my person 2 are not.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • I sent a similar email to the above posters--I'm not requiring it so they would be responsible for paying if they choose to have it done.  So far three of five are having for sure their hair and makeup done.  Unless you require that they do it, they pay! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yep, as above.  I paid for my girls' hair and they each did their own makeup.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Post hijack, I'm sorry.

All my girls, minus one are paying to get their hair done (for financial). I don't want her to feel left out while we're at the salon. Could I offer to pay for hers and ask her to keep it on the DL or should get the money together to pay for all their hair?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bridesmaids-pay-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c95b606-0f76-4895-bc5a-1181921115e8Post:eca15f10-6588-482c-8a63-bd8eaf5fd7c8">Re: What bridesmaids pay for?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Post hijack, I'm sorry. All my girls, minus one are paying to get their hair done (for financial). I don't want her to feel left out while we're at the salon. Could I offer to pay for hers and ask her to keep it on the DL or should get the money together to pay for all their hair?
    Posted by JoelandLeann[/QUOTE]

<div>If it's a set amount per girl, I'd just collect the money from them and then pay all at once.  That way you could "sneak" pay for the one BM's hair without anyone knowing.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you are requiring them to get their hair and makeup done, then you need to be prepared to pay for it.  However, if you are just giving them the option, then they can pay for their own.  I would make this clear when you talk to them so that there is no misunderstanding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards