Iowa-Des Moines

Photographer recommendation in Des Moines?

We have started our photographer hunt and were wondering if anyone has had a wonderful experience with a local photographer that you'd like to share? Also, any photographer that you recommend avoiding? Thanks for the help!

Re: Photographer recommendation in Des Moines?

• Jason Moonwell (Moonwell Photography) is an excellent photographer.  He's done two weddings of friends and his pictures are gorgeous!
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • Anna Jones, first choice! Matthew Flowers 2nd choices...

AVOID Anna Moser like the plague..she did our wedding...not happy at all!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • I'm using Ashely Michaelson from Shiloh Photography.  So far, I really like her.  I HATE having my picture taken and rarely like pictures of myself, but I had a lot of fun on our engagment shoot, and really liked a lot of the photos.

I'm excited to see what she'll do with our wedding pictures.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited July 2012
    I agree with PP!  Jason (Bradwell) of Moonwell Photography! He is doing ours. Our engagement pictures turned out fabulous and everything in his gallery looks amazing. He has great prices too! You will get amazing pictures and you won't pay an arm and a leg for them! We got our engagment session for free when we booked him for our wedding and he gave us the rights to our photos so we could have them printed on our own which is also a huge cost savings!

http://www.moonsphoto.com/gallery/v/sessions/20120212-cooksley/

These were our engagemnt pictures - but you can link back to his galleries from there to see more also!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kelly Kesling!!! Our family has been using her for years. I absolutely loved our engagement session and can't wait to see what she can do for our wedding. Check out her gallery at 

keslingphotography.com

She is reasonably priced and both her and her husband are amazing!
  • I know Moonwell photo has already gotten props, but just wanted to say we used him also and LOVED our pictures!!!  He was great to work with, and his wife was awesome as well :)  Talented photographer!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards