Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachlorette Party Registry? Is this common??

Hello Fellow Knotties,

I need some clarification, please?

A very distant friend of mine decided not to have a bridal shower, but is having a bachlorette party. I received an invitation for her bachlorette party at her home, with a registry attached.

Is this common to have a registry for a bachlorette party? Or, is that on the tacky side? I'm not sure what to make of it.....

Re: Bachlorette Party Registry? Is this common??

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never ever heard of this.  What did she register for? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was a registry for Target.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like they are just combining the two parties to me. I've never heard of a registry for a b-party, but I have heard of a lingerie party before the b-party. If they sent a registry I would just go ahead and buy a gift. She'll probably open them before the real party begins.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also have never heard of a registry for a bachelorette party. The closest I've heard is having a "wish list" at Victorias Secret for lingerie and other sexy goodies.

Maybe since the bride-to-be didn't have a traditional bridal shower, this is the BP's way of helping her to start her new home with a few gifts.
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Huh.  I'm torn about what I'd do in this situation.  But, it's weird.  At least to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I thought so too..

She has been married for two years now (i probably should have previously mentioned that) but got married in the court house.

So, can someone who is already married have a bridal shower? Perhaps thats the reason why she decided to have a registry for her bachlorrette instead? This ettiquette stuff is tough! lol
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachlorette-party-registry-this-common?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:1918dcbb-f685-422c-9e0d-0a1875fa1db6Post:952a6c1f-0906-46fa-8166-65e72b42488e">Re: Bachlorette Party Registry? Is this common??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I thought so too.. She has been married for two years now (i probably should have previously mentioned that) but got married in the court house. So, can someone who is already married have a bridal shower? Perhaps thats the reason why she decided to have a registry for her bachlorrette instead? This ettiquette stuff is tough! lol
    Posted by snlyons914[/QUOTE]

<div>This changes everything.. she's already married. If she's already married, she doesn't get a bridal shower, bachelorette party, or a gift registry. She decided to eliminate all that when she eloped. I know it sounds harsh, but it's true, and a lot of people will be offended if invited to something like this for someone who's already married and has been for two years. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, how can she have a bachelorette party if she's no longer a bachelorette? That ship sailed over 2 years ago.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea I have to admit this is one of the strangest things I have heard of. I agree with the others. None of this applies to her any longer. There is an order to these things and she opted out on them. Is her loss and she shouldnt be gaining from it now 2 years down the road. Very, very weird!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards