Nebraska-Omaha

Photographer - Help!

Hi everyone,
I am searching for the perfect photographer for my wedding next September. I want someone who will take a few traditional photos (mainly a couple family pics for my mother), but mainly does photojournalism. I have a bunch on my list, but am only going by their websites (which are obviously their BEST pics, not necessarily their usual quality).
Have you used a photographer in the Omaha area? If so, who did you use, would you recommend them? What did you like/dislike about them?

Any information you could provide me would be awesome!

Thanks so much!!

Re: Photographer - Help!

• edited December 2011
    I used Ivy Snow Photography. Don't pay too much attention to their website..it's not updated and doesn't show much. My pics are in my bio. They do photojournalism, as well as tradiitional.
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you ask any of the photographers you're looking in to for an entire wedding album, they shouldn't have a problem showing you one. That way you get a feel for what ALL of their work looks like, not just their best work (I completely agree with this statement you made, that's why I requested an entire album from everyone I looked in to). Personally, I am using Christine McGuigan (http://www.christinemcguigan.com/). She is sooo fantastic, super sweet, and suuuuper affordable. We're doing an 8 hour package with a cd of all edited pictures with copyright release for $975. Can't beat that =]

HTH! GL!
  • shorton1975shorton1975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Sarah Pfeiffer Photography.  She is absolutely the best!  She is based in Lincoln, but comes to Omaha all the time.  She will not only take traditional photos, but she also incorporates non traditional photos that are unique to each couple. They are amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    I can't even hide how much we have LOVED working with our photographer. I urge all brides to check him out!

Not only is he fabulous to work with, his pictures are AMAZING.

Good luck! :o) September is a wonderful month to get married...

*Jena

• edited December 2011
    We're using Photography By Farrah.  She is amazing!  She even did our engagement shoot while 7.5 months pregnant.  Her site is photographybyfarrah.com.  She also does family and kid portraits, so she might come in handy down the line as well!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Richmond Photography out of Lincoln.  http://www.richmondphoto.com

He did my cousins wedding back in May in Kearney and my MOH wedding in June.  The pictures were online on facebook on Monday after the wedding for my cousins wedding.  Our engagement pics turned out great - i love fall pictures!
  • edited December 2011
    We just did our engagement photos with Nathan of 40 Nights Photography.  He is A-mazing!!!  The photos are gorgeous and he has pretty quick turnaround, we shot our shoot Tuesday and the images were available to view online Friday.

http://www.40nightscreative.com/index.php

imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards