Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Local cusine

Is anyone doing something fun that is local to the area where they're getting married? Maybe you're having Hot Browns for a KY wedding or Moon Pies for TN. BBQ in KC, NC or Texas?

Let's spice this board up! I love food and it's such a fun part of the wedding, IMO.  
Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Local cusine

• edited December 2011
    Great thread! I think going local is such a great way to show off your local pride!

We had a lilikoi (passionfruit) mousse filled cake to pick up on our Hawaiian wedding. Six months later, our guests are still talking about how that flavour always brings them back to being in Hawai'i!
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fantastic thread.  We're doing BBQ for our rustic wedding in North Florida.  We really wanted to give our guests a taste of the South.

I'd like to incorporate oranges into our wedding some how too.
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh, tasty navybaby! A friend of my smuggled me a Florida orange that she'd picked off a tree the same day and it was SO much better than the ones we get imported up here to Canada.
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kaesha -- They are delicious!
  • edited December 2011
    We are thinking about bringing in a food truck for a late night snack. Gourmet food trucks are a big trend in LA right now!

We're having the RD at a local brew pub with lots of microbrews.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Knot AnnieKnot Annie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mmm,

I love the food truck idea! We have so many that I love in NYC too. I think they would not only make for some great food, but your photos will be so cute.

Send me pics if you decide to do this. It's one of my favorite trends.

Great responses. I think that anything local often means better food and also represents the couple-which is nice too.

Thanks!
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having some cajun catfish.  Our reception is at a hotel on the lake (where people catch lots of catfish) in my hometown. 
  • janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh, i love this thread.  We live in Fort Mill, SC but our wedding will be held in Charlotte, NC (just 10 minutes up the road) we are going to have BBQ for our reception, also I plan to have cans of cheerwine and Lance crackers for our guest to take with them as a late night snake (both drinks and crackers are from NC)

Also, we live by a huge strawberry farm and I would love to find a way to incorporate the fresh strawberry's in our reception.    
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Way late on this, but we're using as many locally-grown fruits and veggies as possible, and serving Faygo (rock on for Detroit made!) (oh- Faygo is a Detroit-made brand of pop/ soda for anyone outside the midwest lol. I guess it's not sold across the country?)

If my fiance wasn't dead-set on a candy buffet I'd use cans of Faygo and Better Made chips in cute bags as our favors (super budget friendly!)
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards