March 2012 Weddings

Vent 2

FI just called. He says he was @ work, jamming to the radio. His song was interrupted by the Government -warning US citizens not to travel to Mexico!!!! Um.... on Sunday, we will be on our way to... Mexico! Unbelievable. He says that I MUST call the travel agency and have them redirect us somewhere else, because he does NOT want us to go there. Are you serious?? So.. I did. I called Liberty Travel and my agent told me because its so close, and last minute changes, and due to flight info and airfare costs, it will cost us an arm and a leg to change our travel destination. I said, what about the insurance we paid extra for? I mean its not our fault Mexico is having issues. She says she will look into it, and call us back. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
90 image Are ready to party
47 image Are missing out
0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image

Re: Vent 2

• Where in Mexico were you supposed to be going?  You should check out the official travel warnings by state/city... clicky... Mexico is a big country and many of the resort towns are perfectly safe.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_vent-2-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:e5fa96aa-e888-4562-8100-c89e33fe89d4Post:39110389-6e1a-41b4-82ed-b30cbd20313a">Re: Vent 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where in Mexico were you supposed to be going?  You should check out the official travel warnings by state/city...  clicky ... Mexico is a big country and many of the resort towns are perfectly safe.  
    Posted by harmony0417[/QUOTE]

OMG thank you sooooo much for posting this! :) I'm safe!! WHEW!
  • Cancun.. Thanks for posting that. I am going to check into it now.

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
    90 image Are ready to party
    47 image Are missing out
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image
  • OMG I hope everything works out for you. Be safe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • WOW!! I hope you're able to find something out soon!! Keep us posted...and be safe..

March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope you'll be safe where you're going!  FYI, living in AZ for 12 years, these government travel warnings against Mexico seem to come out around spring break every year.  I'm not saying they aren't valid, just to take them with that in mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards