• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2010 Weddings

Poll: Top DNP Song (totally 100% stolen from the November girls)

So, as most of our weddings get closer and we start to think about the little details, I'm sure most of us have either already have or are at least close to making a  do not play (DNP) list.

What is on your DNP list? Also, what is on your absolutely must play list?

Mine:
DNP- I cannot handle it if the chicken dance is played. I just can't do it.
MP- Our first dance is Crazy Little Thing Called Love, so I'd be annoyed if it weren't played lol.
118 image
Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!

Re: Poll: Top DNP Song (totally 100% stolen from the November girls)

• Top DNP song (even though we are doing our own music) is I'll make love to you by boys to men....seems to me that would make everyone of my guests very very uncomfortable!!!  LOL
    MP song would have to be I wanna grow old with you by Adam Sandler because that is what we are walking in to so we can get married (odd, I know...but it fits us)
    The bane of my existence: my bouquet. It's not right yet, it's not what I wanted and I have so far to go with it and so little time! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second DNP the chicken dance.  For some reason my sister thinks it's a crucial part of a wedding reception, but FI and I say No Way.
  • That chicken dance thing is the only song on our DNP list...we're pretty open to everything else.

I went to a wedding years ago where that thing was played and was mortified back then...why does it persist?!? LOL
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/rumf5d.jpg[/IMG]

No matter where I roam, I'll always be a California Girl at heart!
  • I WAS JUST MAKING THIS LIST FOR MY DJ YESTERDAY!!! :)  HA!

DNP: Y.M.C.A., "I Got A Feeling" Black-eyed Peas, No country! (sorry to all my country gals, I'm an old school country gal like Pasty Cline, and I LOVE Dolly Parton...Johnny Cash).  Also no N'Sync, Britney or Christina.  No Chicken Dance! No Cupid Shuffle.

MP: Our first song is "Georgia on My Mind," Ray Charles, "Best of My Love," by the Emotions, "Lovely Day," by Bill Withers, "Shout," The Isley Brothers, "I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm," Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, Michael Jackson medley, "Vogue" Madonna.

There's a lot more, but that's all I can remember!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • the chicken dance is on our must play list!!!

it's one thing that our German and Aussie guests can bond over, despite lack of verbal communication.

December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • My do not play list includes the following:

All things Abba
    Anything that is sung by someone under 18... unless it is the Jackson 5
    If it has an organized dance, it is not happening... that includes you YMCA! 
  • FI sat down with the DJ and made out the whole playlist. The only thing the DJ has control over is the music played during dinner.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC buddies with MrsTRAV and KayLaVi2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited October 2010
    Oh ladies...I just had a nightmare last night that the DJ didn't get my song list! And that a ton of people hadn't RSVP'd and it was my wedding day! UGH that was the worst!!

Anyways, after reading all of your posts, my DNP list consists of (brace yourself):

Usher 'Yeah'
    Cha Cha Slide
    Village People 'YMCA'
    Lil Jon 'Get Low'
    Etta James 'At Last'
    Montel Jordan 'This is How We Do It'
    Kool & the Gang 'Celebration'
    Country music, Will Smith, Fergie, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Britney, Cassie
    And basically all slow songs unless specified by the bride and groom. (We need to keep people awake for the NYE countdown!)

So what's left, you ask? Lots of contemporary and old school r&b...Ne-Yo, Temptations, BOB, and then we're throwing in 'Footloose,' 'Sweet Caroline,' and some other bar faves :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DNP:  The Chicken Dance, the Bunny Hop, the Mararena, anything Celine Dion (sorry, but ever since My Heart Can Go On I can't STAND her!!!!)
  • sweet charade, I'm totally with you on Celine Dion!!!  She's on my DNP list for sure!  I don't know the bunny hop though...
    December Siggy Challenge
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2010-weddings_poll-top-dnp-song-totally-100-stolen-november-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:597Discussion:ff0a85a0-7d47-46af-ade8-78d0de8b32abPost:8a8b1799-eec6-4be3-ba07-2b03c5584ce1">Re: Poll: Top DNP Song (totally 100% stolen from the November girls)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh ladies...I just had a nightmare last night that the DJ didn't get my song list! And that a ton of people hadn't RSVP'd and it was my wedding day! UGH that was the worst!! Anyways, after reading all of your posts, my DNP list consists of (brace yourself): Usher 'Yeah' Cha Cha Slide Village People 'YMCA' Lil Jon 'Get Low' Etta James 'At Last' Montel Jordan 'This is How We Do It' Kool & the Gang 'Celebration' Country music, Will Smith, Fergie, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Britney, Cassie And basically all slow songs unless specified by the bride and groom. (We need to keep people awake for the NYE countdown!) So what's left, you ask? Lots of contemporary and old school r&b...Ne-Yo, Temptations, BOB, and then we're throwing in 'Footloose,' 'Sweet Caroline,' and some other bar faves :)
    Posted by enlightened1[/QUOTE]

<div>This also doubles as a pretty complete summary of my whole DNP list, but also that song butterfly kisses is on mine. However, chicken dance sits at the top.</div>
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards