Wedding Etiquette Forum

TGIF - Take 2

Re: TGIF - Take 2

• Angel - I don't think I have. I might have missed it though, especially when I first started posting. I know Snippy made comments about my sig picture being awful but I don't know if she flamed it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I flame Bay for using popo. I thing when people use it they sound like idiot 14 year olds trying to be gangsters. And it drives me mad.
  • My first flame (that I'm aware of...I may have missed flames previously) was a few weeks ago during AYG.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:b87a8f00-9f27-4cf1-bf6f-dda872879173">Re:TGIF Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame Bay for using popo. I thing when people use it they sound like idiot 14 year olds trying to be gangsters. And it drives me mad.
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]
    Your mom.

I'd flame you, but I can't think of a reason and I'm loving you too much today for that phone call.

• If I post a pic of me and it's so awful you couldn't pay a male hooker to bang me, then yeah, I want someone to suggest I replace it. If that's the only picture I have from my wedding and I've repeatedly said how much I love it, then STFU.
  • Oh, but all of those are about appearances. I was thinking more on the lines of "why would you think that photo would be cute" in reference to the random poses some photographers like to do. Not actually the way someone looks.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:3c3993fd-70f3-4765-822f-d47eaf751a91">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF - Take 2 : I remember that one.  The poster that said that hasn't been back since, either, that I can remember.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I thought devil eyes was Barbie, and she actually put her eyes red in her sig.</div><div>
    </div><div>But, I could be wrong!

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:3c3993fd-70f3-4765-822f-d47eaf751a91">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF - Take 2 : I remember that one.  The poster that said that hasn't been back since, either, that I can remember.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>Liv. Yeah, I think she got scared away when Mandy repeatedly said she was "cunty."</div>
  • I have a flame, and it's lame.  It's from the "is this tacky" thread yesterday (I think) where a girl said something about the etiquette police with a stupid winky beside it and this girl thought it was the most hilarious thing she'd ever read in her entire life.  I flame her.  She's stupid. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • And someone totally flamed Barbie's wedding pic and Barbie put in some crazy eyes.  Good on her. 
  • Hmm. I thought it was LivLeighton. It's entirely possible it was NotColloquial. I get them confused. Either way, yeah, it was about Barbie.

Aryn, I think it's hard to pick on wedding photos in sigs because people are really proud of them and (often) paid a shitt ton of money for them. Yeah, there are some bad photos (like those ones I asked my photographer to actually destroy), and some overdone poses (like the BP jump we talked about), but I think it can cross that line really quickly and become extraordinarily hurtful.
  • Seconded Habs.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:7ae00235-2dcd-4c2b-9e99-1f5c60e912a6">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmm. I thought it was LivLeighton. It's entirely possible it was NotColloquial. I get them confused. Either way, yeah, it was about Barbie. Aryn, I think it's hard to pick on wedding photos in sigs because people are really proud of them and (often) paid a shitt ton of money for them. Yeah, there are some bad photos (like those ones I asked my photographer to actually destroy), and some overdone poses (like the BP jump we talked about), but I think it can cross that line really quickly and become extraordinarily hurtful.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]
    And chances are, if you're using in your sig pic (and aren't doing it mockingly, like LDY did in the bad wedding pic contest on SB), you love the picture and are proud of it.

• Ya, we wouldn't want anyone to get their feelers hurt or anything.  Puppies and glitter shiits and all that. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:b2ca4738-0c40-4007-8c49-1eb5ce2fc6f6">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF - Take 2 : And chances are, if you're using in your sig pic (and aren't doing it mockingly, like LDY did in the bad wedding pic contest on SB), you love the picture and are proud of it.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

I agree. But I would want someone to tell me if it wasn't so cute, but in a nice way. Like when people don't tell you that something is in your teeth. You made me more upset by letting me look stupid to the who knows how many people that I saw before I knew.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Habs, I'm all for telling people off, but I think saying something you know is going to hurt just for the sake of saying it is a douchey move. 

If someone posts e-pics and says, "I'm thinking about using this photographer for the wedding. What do you think?" and they all look like they were taken by a blindfolded monkey, then yeah, say something. When someone is really proud of something and they can't change what happened, it's stupid to pick on them for it.
  • Yea that makes sense. Also, mad props to Barbie. Sounds like she knows how to take a flame. 
  • Special - I totally agree.  Commenting on the way someone looks or something like a wedding pic should be way off limits.

Aryn - More like an insult than a flame.  It was really out of left field and really bitchy.  She handled it well. 
  • I miss Barbie. 

Part of me secretly wishes I could pull off a poofy princess gown like she did.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:bb9337fa-277d-4719-8576-28ad8d45afe6">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not even sure that when Barbie's sig pic was flamed, it was in a FFF thread.  I think it was a confessions thread or something like that.  It was so strange.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think it was in just a general thread, so it was really out of left field. Of course my knot memeory sucks so I could be completely wrong.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:e540943f-7854-4b55-9b2f-ad4e619cf208">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I miss Barbie. </strong> Part of me secretly wishes I could pull off a poofy princess gown like she did.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Same. I hope she is doing well.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:e540943f-7854-4b55-9b2f-ad4e619cf208">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I miss Barbie.  Part of me secretly wishes I could pull off a poofy princess gown like she did.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I wish I could too, I tried one on...it was not flattering!
  • Barbie posted yesterday on a thread.  I think she's more around at night.

She's preggers again.  I read her blog yesterday and she announced on her blog. 
  • I like princessy dresses on some girls. I never saw her wedding pictures but I bet Barbie looked great in it. I personally am not a fan of them, for myself. The one I got was borderline ballgown (it was a VERY poofy A-line) and I felt like I couldn't really move much in it. 
  • I tried on a pretty poofy gown... it looked okay, just wasn't really my style. I tried on a lot of things I knew were NMS, and I'm glad I did because although I was right about what I would and wouldn't like, it was good to officially rule them out.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:b6e69d30-d04b-4eaf-b29d-6b79138bcaea">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Barbie posted yesterday on a thread.  I think she's more around at night. <strong>She's preggers again.</strong>  I read her blog yesterday and she announced on her blog. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh good! I saw she wanted to try again soon. </div>
  • The dress I chose was not something I normally would have gone for, what with the sparkly tits and all. 

Habs, that's good to hear. I hope everything goes well for her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:b6e69d30-d04b-4eaf-b29d-6b79138bcaea">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Barbie posted yesterday on a thread.  I think she's more around at night. She's preggers again.  I read her blog yesterday and she announced on her blog. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

<div>Aww, that's exciting! I need to find her post and find her blog. I hope all goes well for her. She's a sweetie.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards