Missouri-St Louis
Options

nice inexpensive cake

Looking for a bakery where I can get the most bang for my buck. I need a nice cake that will be enough for 300 ppl that is nice but won't break the pockets

Re: nice inexpensive cake

• Options
    bridetobemobridetobemo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Wedding wonderland in Florissant has reasonable prices!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Lubeley's- they were super reasonable,our cake was beautiful, tasted great and they even dyed the icing to match my dress.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can also get a smaller tiered cake to cut and have sheet cakes in the back to serve everyone. That is a good way to save money especially when you are serving 300. 
  • Options
    mightyoakesmightyoakes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did what Karabeara25 suggested and got it at the IGA in St. Charles voted best bakery in St. Charles.

We got our 2 - tier cake and a full sheet cake for only $91!

My FSIL, her SIL's, and my FIL's 50th anniversary cakes were from there - DELIS!
  • Options
    redhead1216redhead1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm posting the link for a friend who has been baking beautiful cakes for the past few years but is just getting into the business.  She made cupcakes for my shower this past weekend and they were absolutely heavenly.  She's very nice and will work hard to make your cake perfect.

Good luck!

• Options
    HarmlHarml member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a cake shop in Chesterfield called Whipt Cream that does custom cakes with Italian meringue buttercream that is literally to die for. If you go to their website you can look at a gallery of all the cakes they have made. Some of them are so unbelievable they're like Ace of Cakes material.
    http://www.whiptcream.com/gallery.htm
  • Options
    Mc Arthurs is very reasonable and gorgeous
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards