Pre-wedding Parties

Decor ideas needed for unofficial engagement dinner for brother/fiancee

Hi!
My brother and his girlfriend (fiancee) just got engaged about a month ago and my parents are inviting her family over for dinner (they were planning on doing this anyway, even before they got engaged). This will include our side of the family and theirs (parents, 2 siblings and their spouses, a couple of kids). They aren't having an official, formal engagement party, so when they are at my parents for dinner, my mom kind of wants to mark the occasion by adding some elegant decorations (i.e. no streamers, etc, but something elegant and more subtle). I've been looking online for photos/ideas, but can't seem to find any.

Do any of you have suggestions and, ideally, websites with pictures of ideas?  I guess some nice flowers would make sense, but is there anything else that may make give it more of an engagement feel?

Thanks!

Re: Decor ideas needed for unofficial engagement dinner for brother/fiancee

• Flower arrangements are always nice--something simple and elegant (I love peonies).
  • sign up for pinterest it is a website that has so many great ideas for everything!!!  I got a lot of ideas for my engagement party this month!

one of my favorite ideas is hand picture with clothes pins on a string its so cute
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards