Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

TGIF!

MOrning!
  So glad it's Friday!  But it's going to be one of those days:-)  i just had a new 4th grade student ask if one of my 5th grade students and I are brother and sister-I was like, do I look that young?!  I told her I was 29 and she said, yep you look pretty young for your age LOL!
  Going to happy hour with a bunhc of people after work today so I'm looking forward to that.  Hoping to get in the shopping trip this weekend that I didn't get to last weekend.
Have a great weekend!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TGIF!

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!  Wow, I'm the second person on here today!  I'm working from home for most of the day then flying to Pittsburgh, can't wait!  (Keeping fingers crossed that those thunderstorms won't make for another scary plane ride...)  I have my bridal shower tomorrow, and I'll be gone for a total of nine days because I'm going on to NYC for work then CT for a grad school weekend.  Whew, long trip!

Heather, that's so funny.  When I was a kid I remember it being hard to tell how old "adults" were because they all looked the same, and now I can never tell how old kids are!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Gm - I have a twenty minute class today (it's normally 3 hours) so that will be great, then I'm heading into  the office where more than 50% of people took the day off, so it will be nice and slow.  Last night's party was a lot of fun - Cadillac Ranch is located in the same plaza as the new market district in Robinson - very nice up there.

DH comes home tonight - we're playing tennis tomorrow and then doing "something for ourselves" - I'm not sure what that is, but sounds fun!  Sunday we're off to look at more houses.

Heather - I'm the same as Jen, i can't tell how old kids are, or if I know how old they are, like what size clothes to buy (for the angel tree at church).

Jen!  yay shower!!!!!!!!  Enjoy all the loot!  (are you shipping it back home, or just leaving it in Pgh until you can drive it back?). 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Good Morning! Today marks one month until our anniversary! Laughing It's a beautiful day here, but it's supposed to storm tonight and get cooler and windy tom. Tonight I'm making lasagna and just relaxing, tom. DH is going to play cards all day, so I'll be home by myself doing odds and ends around the apt. (hopefully a lot of organizing). Then just church and grocery shopping on Sun. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

H- Yikes, that is a pretty crazy! Kids are pretty clueless when it comes to age I think. Don't feel bad, I think I'll be carded for at least the next 20 years, lol. People at my company thought I was a HS kid that was summer help at first. Once I was still here in the fall and winter, they realized that I am indeed a professional, working adult!

LaFemme- Yay for your shower! this weekend! Have fun, and come back with pics and details! Smile Safe travels to your other destinations as well.

Bri- Hope you have a relaxing weekend with DH, and continued good house vibes to you! Maybe DH and I will actually get some tennis in this weekend (I've said I want to play it for the past couple of weeks, but we always run out of time).
  • edited December 2011
    TGIF!  Tonight is going to be a quiet night, have to return some things in Robinson.  Tomorrow I'm volunteering to clean up Uptown with the University and we have wedding tomorrow night!  Should be a fun weekend!

Heather-What a cute story!  Kids always tell the truth!
    Lafemme-Enjoy your weekend!  Safe travels!
    Bri-I've heard good things about Cadilac Ranch, how were their prices?
    Kim-Yay for one month to your anniversary! :)

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Good Morning! I'm taking a half day! woo hoo! And a few of my friends are taking me out for lunch! Oh- and then I'm thinking of stopping by at the Penguins rally.  Good Day all around!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_tgif-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:f15ddc88-6274-465c-ba34-117287de06e0Post:07b9d524-2aee-46fe-8aac-622016c814c4">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning! I'm taking a half day! woo hoo! And a few of my friends are taking me out for lunch! Oh- and then I'm thinking of stopping by at the Penguins rally.  Good Day all around!
    Posted by marburs[/QUOTE]

Lol, I just wrote a post to you asking if you had any special plans. I am waaay too slow this morning (and work is interfering with my knotting!) Sounds like a fun day- enjoy!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad it's Friday. I got in my car this morning and tried to start it with my house key instead of the car key. Embarassed  I really need a weekend!
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning everyone!!
    Last night was my last class!! woohooo! Now one more on Tuesday and my semester is over! yay!! We don't have much planned this weekend - we **might meet my friend and her FI in Atlantic City for dinner and drinks tomorrow night but I still have to see FIs schedule for Sunday before we make concrete plans - with his new job, he's been working weekends :( oh well - at least it's a great opportunity for him (and for us in the future!)

Heather - aww! It's so funny the things that kids say!! In a weird way, it must have made you feel good ;) Hope you get your shopping trip in and enjoy happy hour with your friends!!

LaFemme - YAY for your shower!! woohoo! I hope you have a fabulous time and get some great things! More importantly, I hope you enjoy your time with friends and family!! Also have fun in NYC and CT! :) Vibes for safe travels today!

Bri - Yay for a short class! LOVE when that happens! lol - sounds like you have a fun weekend planned! Enjoy!!

Kim - Happy 1 month until your anniversary day!! Enjoy your weekend!!

Meg - enjoy the wedding!! I LOVE going to weddings... so much fun!

Marbus - yay for taking a 1/2 day!! Enjoy your lunch with friends!!

Hope everyone has a happy Friday and a great weekend!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_tgif-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:f15ddc88-6274-465c-ba34-117287de06e0Post:2d62219b-527a-4746-bf69-66539e218599">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jen!  yay shower!!!!!!!!  Enjoy all the loot!  (are you shipping it back home, or just leaving it in Pgh until you can drive it back?). 
    Posted by brivb10[/QUOTE]

Haha, good question!  It will be staying at my mom's house for now because we're actually not even sure where we'll be living next year, sigh.  I'm going to grad school full-time starting in August in Connecticut, and FI might be trying to transfer/switch to NYC or he might just stay here in Chicago.  So... depending on what happens there, our "household" could be in one of three cities. 

Vacation
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And  Bri, glad the party was fun last night!  Enjoy the easier day today.
    Kim, happy eleven monthiversary :)  Lasagna sounds so good to me right now, yum!
    Meg, have fun at the wedding!  Where is it going to be?
    S, what is the Penguins rally?  Yay for a half day!

Vacation
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amanda, enjoy the weekend- sounds like you need it ;)
    G, fun plans as always!  I feel you on the crazy FI work schedules... my poor guy didn't get home from work until ***2:30 AM*** last night :(  What does yours do?

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Jen- The ceremony is at Duquesne and the reception is at the Mount Troy Ballroom.  I've never been there so we'll see how it goes!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    2:30?! WOW! That's crazy!

When we had "Snowpocalypse", FI was gone for 36 straight hours (he works for our township's road department), and then when we had the next round of storms he was gone for days. I barely saw him in the month of February!
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - ugh... I hate it! FI just got a job in Hotel Management with Marriott :) He's SO happy and absolutely loves it! His degree is in HRIM (Hotel Mgmt)... and this job will be perfect for us for when we move to FL - there are some amazing hotels there and with this job he just got with Marriott he has an amazing opportunity to just transfer anywhere he wants in the world! :) oh - and the discounts he gets are UNREAL!! lol What does your FI do??
  • edited December 2011
    the Penguins rally is just that- a rally for the Pittsburgh Penguins downtown in front of the courthouse. So, since I work downtown- I usually try to go to those things for at least a little bit.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    G, that is so awesome!  You guys should live all over the world before you settle down :)

Amanda, that's crazy too!  I bet winters are always nuts for you guys.

My FI is a corporate lawyer... not nearly as exciting ;)

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Meg - I can't attest to the prices, the party was paid for by the firm and I didn't even see a menu.  So last night, the answer is dirt cheap!  :-D

I hear you ladies on the DH/DF being home late. Mine is usually gone during the week, and leaves at 3:30 am to head to Blatimore Monday mornings.  He usually returns about 8pm on Friday night.  He's a project engineer.  Also not exciting - lol.

Lafemme - I'm sure you'll make a great "home" in whichever city you pick! 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bri - I don't know you do it... I would go crazy if I couldn't see FI all week long :( Is his job in Baltimore a permanent thing or just temporary??
  • missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bri - I can commiserate - my FI travels a bunch for work already, and won't be around for the next 3 weekends for bachelor / birthday parties on the east coast.  He left on Tuesday and gets back Sunday night.  And then I go to NYC for work mid-May for a week, while he heads to a wedding in the Caribbean.  And then another bachelor party in June, two week conference for him end of June, etc. etc.! 

I'm always sad to see him go, but it does make me "appreciate" him more - like, when I have to get up early every morning to walk our dog!  :)

TGIF everyone!  Cannot wait for this weekend!
  • edited December 2011
    GMC - he's a construction project engineer so he travels wherever the job is.  He is at this job in Baltimore so often because it's the first of its kind - they are repairing a damn underwater where a gate house is falling off, and they are "drilling" it back to the dam about 110 feet below the surface.  They should be done by the beginning of July and the work they are doing just requires so many OSHA certificates and such that DH needs to be present until finish.   Sometimes he has jobs here in pgh, and other times he is in the home office for extended periods.  It just depends. 

I think it will bother me more after I am done with law school and the bar, but these days I have a lot going on, and we're both busy enough it makes the weekends even better :-D.  Just like Missy says! 
    Anniversary
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a great point! never thought of it that way :D - I'm sure it's nice to be busy though to keep you mind off him not being around - plus, you have your adorable puppy ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards