Missouri-Kansas City

HUGE wedding problem...need help ASAP!

Ok, here's the problem.  My younger sister is being sent out of the country for work June 28th.  We were originally planning a mid December wedding.  This will not work without my sister.  She is my only sister and it is very important to me that she be there.  So, rather than having a large wedding in December wedding, we are moving things up and having a small intimate wedding in June.  We are not picky about dates, but know that it must be before the 28th.  I have called several places and can't find anything available that's in our price range.  We do not want to do it at a community building or VFW type place unless we have to.  (Nothing against them, I've been to several very nice weddings there, it's just not what we had hoped for or invisioned.) I really like the look of the smaller room in Union Station, I think it's the Jarvis Hunt room.  However, I can't find any info on the price.  Does anyone have any idea what it rents for?  Please give me your suggestions for locations.  Right now our main priority is finding a ceremony site.  This is not an ideal situation but we are running out of time quickly.  Please help me!!

Thanks!
Megan

Re: HUGE wedding problem...need help ASAP!

• edited December 2011

Are you just having a ceremony?   I don't know how much the room at Union Station rents for but have you thought about The Villa (near the plaza), The Berg Event Space, The Terrace on Grand, Powell Gardens, or Town Pavilion.  These are just a few of the places I could think of off the top of my head.  Good Luck!

Maiya

• amcguire1213amcguire1213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bingham Waggoner Estate rents the grounds and the other building, not the house for 75hr with a 2 hour min. and heres a number for a Reverend she will marry anywhere and anyone she is very reasonable. 816-645-9245 her name is Mandi.
  • edited December 2011
    you could also look at the cashew on grand in downtown kc - the overlook is gorgeous and, in the right weather, would be nice for both a ceremony and reception combo location.
    jenifriend
    may flower
  • edited December 2011
    I was gonna recommend the Cashew...i looked at it online but my mom found a place she liked more so i gave in.  What are you talking abt when you say small?  I reccomend getting a kc bride magazine...in the back it has a list of venues and lists capacity and price i believe. 
  • edited December 2011

Studio Dan Meiners just opened up an event space at 25th & Pershing & it looks really nice.  Their cost is about $4,000 but you do get to bring in your own catering & liquor which helps.

• HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! I'm sorry she's going to be gone. I'm glad you'll be able to have a ceremony in June for her to be there, though!

Have you looked at Camelot Ballroom?

What kind of services are you looking for in a "small ceremony"? Do you want ceremony only? Ceremony & reception?

• mollysophiamollysophia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2131 gallery (David Morris Photography) is a beautiful event space. I don't know how much they rent for but you should check it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards